In response to _Movmav_ comment in Shpagin thread

What problem is being solved by “bringing more variety to research trees of other countries?”
The weapon trees already extend into rejected weapons(Type Hei Automatic, AS-44), unused prototypes(T20E2), post war weapons (M2 Carbine, M1C Garand), derelict weapons which were long gone except in EXTREMELY rare instances(Federov Avtomat)

…I understand this is a game, but I thought it was at least supposed to be a reasonably realistic World War 2 game and not a cheap Cold War Call of Duty. What weapons could possibly be added that aren’t currently represented without damaging the historical accuracy of the game?

1 Like

Problem is the balance between the factions and the fact that Germany and Japan are the easiest factions to play.

If they add some “cool stuff” for Germans, the game will be unplayable for others.

If they add thrash stuff only to fill tech-tree then people will be unhappy because of more grind.

3 Likes

That doesn’t seem like an actual problem worth solving. I want unique factions with unique strengths and weaknesses, not a bland “you get this so they get that” fake type of bullshit.

If I’m guessing right, I’m going to assume that you object to the extremely high concentration of maxed BR5 weaponry utilized by the Germans. Improving the matchmaker would go wonders to imposing proper “balance” in the game without faking it and without ruining the historical balance of what I see already as a pretty well balanced(historical accuracy v playability) WW2 game.

I think one thing that would greatly improve “balance” for the Allies would be to give Garands to every GI Rifleman after the Garand is unlocked rather than a WW1 Springfield rifle and drop the Garand to BR2. Springfields are historically accurate in early war Pacific battles as the Japanese were invading the Pacific Rim but ahistorical in all other aspects.

1 Like

Weapons from smaller countries. Germany are having so many weapons is not because of having Wunderwaffe, it is because it has many weapons from different countries.

If weapons from smaller countries are to be included, I think that requires a game expansion into the CBI Theater and an expansion of the Mediterranean Theater. The invasion of Crete was against Commonwealth troops with Commonwealth weaponry. (simplistically stated) Sicily was a reverse of Crete. The Italian mainland invasion was not as so strung out.

The Chinese were using a hodgepodge of small arms, the Burmese as well, and the British Indian troops were using American weapons (already represented in the game)

If you’re talking about new vehicle loadouts, that’s another story. But there really isn’t a need to add more weapons to the research trees without actually adding new maps

Commonwealth troop did present in Tunisia campaign and Normandy campaign, I don’t think we need a specific campaign to add Commonwealth weaponry.

I don’t think this two are related.

What weapons, in your view, need to be included in the game that aren’t currently present?
I would expect that there needs to be some list of missing weaponry to have a conversation around before the research trees start getting experimented with under what I see as the misguided notion that all of the tech trees need to be “balanced.” I would have the M1 Garand be a BR2 weapon because every American GI was issued one. US should have semi-autos and Germans should have bolt actions. That’s the way it is supposed to be.

Then when it comes to the MKb42s and StG44s, they should be more present on the Eastern Front and “sparingly” seen in the Western Front except in Belgium where they were used in the Bulge after Barbarossa collapsed and troops+equipment were redirected westward

Germany is not for you then.

Matchmaking has not changed since 2 years or more, so why they would change it now ?

french weapons/vehicles+others from minor nations.

I actually have switched over to playing Germans sparingly here at the end of the season because I’m trying to make Marshal. Starting about a week ago, there seems to have been another end of season “big shift” where playing as the US would have me as the only “General of the Army” with a bunch of Sergeants going against 5 or 6 Marshals and 3 or 4 more Generals. I’ve never hit Marshal before so I switched to the Dark Side and play BR5 with the event squads that I’ve earned over the past few events (Horn Stg, MKb42(H) engineer squad, a Sniper squad and an Me-109)

I’m sitting at 80% victory rate (I never abandon a game); winning as the Germans is extremely easy. I have about a 65% victory rate against the Germans as the US.

They’d change it if they perceived a balance problem that needed solved without having to resort to gimmicky weapons and fake “tree balancing.” If they can just make it so that a German side can’t have 10 people match into the same game with StG44s, that’d go a long way.

Exactly. It is a faction without any major flaws.

So what is your problem if Germany has the most stuff in game and is the easiest faction to play ?

Why do you want more gear for Germany ?

I never suggested that Germany needed more gear. I suggested that the other factions don’t need more small arms.

The reason that it is extremely easy to play as Germany right now has to do with player choice at the end of the season. The scales have been heavily tipped recently towards German rosters having only “gold ranks” and US rosters having very sparing gold ranks. I know that doesn’t automatically translate to skill(plenty of times I’ve won those matches in the past), but seeing 10 Germans with Marshal rank means you know that they have each won roughly 300 battles(Battle Hero factors in, of course) this season and you should expect them to be very experienced players. Being matched up with “Corporals” and “Sergeants” and “Majors” doesn’t really make for a balanced fight. This seems to happen near the end of every season.

But then again, last night won 7 of 8 US matches against Germans. So my “80%” is heavily biased. I only play as the Germans on a night when it’s nearly impossible to win against the Germans and I am trying to gain ground on earning Marshal before the season expires (I’m currently at 280)

all factions should keep receiving updates, its unfair that Germany had to grind Mp40 5 times, K98K variants 5 times ect to unlock everything. Why should German faction get neglected just because they were in 5 campaigns?

Its obvious that Japan will never have as much equipment as Germany since its impossible without giving Japan captured and lend-leased weapons because they dont have as much gear as Germany.

Axis should get more Italian equipment, there is so much potential for new premium squads and nations, DF could earn a lot a money from that.

The focus of discussion was the research trees. There’s nothing to add to the research trees that wouldn’t screw with the game. All the WW2 weapons are represented, and the Germans’ over expanded tree is actually completely historically accurate. The Germans overengineered everything and they created running changes to rifles which required new parts/incompatible parts with the previous variant. The logistical failures of the wehrmacht are very well known.

Keeping the Germans as the only faction with “dang that is a huge research tree” is completely appropriate.

1 Like

No matter how many weapons devs add, there will never be balance.

2 Likes

smallest faction has best weapon : D

1 Like

The game shouldn’t be “balanced” in any way other than through smart map design which varies the advantages and keeps the matches competitive