Improve tanks' CQC performence or give infantry incentive to protect them

Directional audio does wonders, you can immediately tell whose plane is coming, though I sometimes did lock on friendly planes when they were coming from enemy side for a second pass. Well, I only use this method when playing engineers, eventually in a tank, as otherwise I neither can do anything about them, nor I am the priority target for them.

1 Like

Devs, listen to him!

I do agree that infantry and tankers should get a boost for protecting one another. So many times, I move into the battlefield to support infantry and with the obstacles and debris of some maps it’s impossible for a tanker to have awareness in every direction, and I end up getting popped from an AT rifle or something that is right next to a friendly squad. I support the idea of AI’s calling out enemy locations for the player. I think call outs are something that are lacking in the game in general.

If I’m near a tanker and I see the enemy wind up for a toss of their explosives or they are aiming at the tank I try to shoot them before they can throw the explosive or hit them with an AT gun, and marker up where the tanker needs to take caution. It’s a 50/50 if it works sometimes my shot misses or it’s too late and the friendly tank blows up. But the effort is there, I know there are some allies that do the same thing but it’s so few and far between. More times than not they just run by, and tankers have to fend for themselves. If you give players XP or score for helping out tanks or tanks helping infantry, I think this will help the two units play better together and bring more cohesion to the battlefield.

1 Like