Imagine if #9 ( M A U S )

Maus Will be “Germany suffers post deleter XD”

Why did it need a backup cannon? IS 128 MM OF FURY NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU?!

Wasn’t the Maus really slow and unreliable?

I’m sure it was just because Germany was struggling when it released, but wasn’t it really uneffective?

I’m pulling on my history memories here, but I’m sure it was worse than the Panther for reliability…

Well.

None ever existed completely so…

Allies found half of a prototype in a factory, that’s pretty much it.

But, a half, or a ho ri of wood for Japan…

Potatoes potato

1 Like

Just another of Hitler’s weird dreams…

According to Wikipedia (totally reliable, I know); two hulls and one turret were completed, and the turret and hull met; just in time for the Soviets to come through.

3 Likes

The biggest problem for the Germans was the mis-match of parts each version of tanks they produced.

It was a massive failure.

They couldn’t interchange parts between their tanks, whereas the US tanks, shite as though they were, could be mass-manufactured and interchanged with similar parts.

I mean, probably the biggest problem for the Germans was over-centralization of decision making and “smoking their own supply” (of propaganda).

That said; I have heard that repairing damaged vehicles (especially Tigers) required dragging them practically back to Berlin.

1 Like

Brainwashed, mostly.

I mean, pretty much everyone brainwashed their populace. Feel like most were too cynical to believe it, themselves, and so took a realistic approach (or in the US case; the resource and industry advantage especially in the late war basically negated the consequences of bad decisions). I feel like the German leaders actually believed the things they told their constituents.

They all thought Hitler was some sort of demigod. Even in the 3rd Reich’s final year, they all still believed in the Wunderwaffen. Delusion to its fullest.

There are so many many official vehicles that have yet to be added and yet I still get giddy thinking about all the prototypes and experimentals that may be added one day as well

I want ‘‘em all!

1 Like

Yeah,

I also find prototypes to be an incredibly interesting part of history.

And I’m really glad for a game where I can virtually experience all these rare historical artifacts in one place.

3 Likes

Yea prototype are cool

1 Like

It will make using Hvars even less skillful

Smoke and HE of course - recreational chemicals :slight_smile:

Uh… I thought it was exactly the opposite - although Hitler stuck his oar into various things, generally (sic) he just said “we need to do/have this” and then each of his immediate subordinates would go away and try to make it happen separately from every other subordinate, and justify it with “The Fuhrer said to make it so”

This is particularly obvious in aircraft development just prior to the war where Heinkel, Junkers and Dornier all competed for Air Ministry attention, currying favour with various nazi hob nobs, and ultimately failing to develop strategically useful aircraft - in some cases promising thoughts were stifled (eg Heinkel’s jet engines), in other cases multiplicity of types failed to be developed further (eg all the 2-engined bombers) - they had 3 different design/technical development sections but no systematic/organised co-ordination between them - each was developing what it saw a need for without reference to the others… as opposed to the British Air Ministry specifications system as a contrary example. - see List of Air Ministry specifications - Wikipedia

I was mostly basing that statement on things like the the British convincing the funny mustache man the d day invasion was coming somewhere other than where it did.

My understanding is, few in the leadership were convinced but ol’ toothbrush mustache swallowed it hook line and sinker. Then, when it became apparent that the Western Allies were attacking Normandy Beach, the order to redeploy tanks couldn’t be given because only the unsuccessful Austrian painter could give the order, and he was unavailable, for one reason or another.

Don’t claim to be an expert, that was just how I understood it.

yeah - the deception at D-Day is one of those items he threw his oar into operational/strategic military decisions - my point is mainly about the non-sexy stuff like industrial systems.

188.0 ton tank with submarine diesel engine what could go wrong?

3 Likes