Idea for another event squad or gold order weapon FG42 8mm kurz

Since many of us love both G43 kurz 8mm and FG42 (I & II) why not put both together.
This FG42 kurz 8x33mm could be an interesting addition to the game. And there was a testing of this experimental gun.

5 Likes

I can already sense the screaming allied mains

7 Likes

I present to you the permanent liquidator of Allies (uninstall ragers)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

it happened already in my post about suggest events for japan, their hate is so big…

1 Like

Sadly it’s a post war weapon, made in 1951, you can see it on the weapon info

3 Likes

I am sorry but it is not, it was Nazi germany weapon chambered for 8x33mm and tested but lost because the cartridge was disliked from men above, namely Hermann Goring who knew that Hitler wouldn’t like it. But it did exist and was tested. It was requested by Heereswaffenamt (HWaA) to convert some FG42 for this cartridge and tested. Although in small numbers only.

The after war version is of Swiss origin, Swiss were interested in the FG42 design and chambered their own version in 7.5x33mm and is issued by Waffenfabrik Bern, but lost competion to SIG Sturmgewehr 57.

Basically if we have the FG42 Krieghoff (prototype who also lost) then we can have this one as well, as there already exists even G43 8mm kurz which was also very rare weapon at the time.

4 Likes

the picture you send is from the same swiss prototype that you talk there is no known picture of FG-42 with 8mm kurz though it was made I watched the video from Ian (The swiss prototype was chambered in a weird ammo)

1 Like

Yes, it doesn’t have a picture, so i put the next closest thing to it.

2 Likes

These two appear to be 2 different models of the gun, judging by the bipod.

1 Like

Could be a different AusfĂĽhrungen

It would practically be a reskin of the StG, good for a gold order or amory event weapon.

3 Likes

Not necessarily, the rate of fire could potentially be very different to STGs… since it effectively has a M16 like buffer tube, it could share similarities to AR15 versions that got refitted with pistol rounds, any one here with knowledge how this effects 9mm AR15s? Should it have faster or slower rate of fire? Or is my logic completely irrelevant, because of how gas blowback works?

1 Like

Well not, since FG are considered as SF rifles in Enlisted, not assault weapons. G43k isn’t assault weapon as well.

Isn’t the difference between “selectfire” and “assault” rifle more a question of if it deals rifle damage?

No, m2 carbine doesn’t deal “rifle dmg”. There’s no consistent pattern here.

True that, it should be either considered an assault rifle or an SMG, yet we call it select fire all the time…