I think the developer misunderstands balance

5-man machine gun squad: not a problem
5-man assault rifle squad: not a problem
4-man flamethrower squad: not a problem
6-man paratrooper with 100-round drum magazine: not a problem

but

6-person engineer squad with MKB: balance problem

When the integrated update was first released, the developers made it clear that the Engineer squad in Stalingrad would remain the same.
The remark is in a QnA posted on May 19th.

However, after making that statement, they deleted this difference about the Stalingrad Engineer a few days ago for reasons of balance and newbie consideration.

If balance is an issue, why do they keep releasing OP premium squads every update?

The content is inconsistent. Promises made to users should not be viewed as a piece of paper. The most important thing for a game company is to keep promises and gain trust.

18 Likes

you know, even if the change is made due to “consistency” like they claim, it would be strange to explain why some players can use Assault rifles and others cant - then speaking about consistency, why on earth are premium squads “inconsistent” by being able to do things regular troops can’t?

seriously, infantry premium units have never in the history of this game been done correctly, they have either been too weak or too strong.

how difficult can it be to follow the games own rules and make premiums have the same limitations as regular squads?

I really don’t understand the devs.

4 Likes

The reason why they made this complete change is because on the Soviet side they were smuggling in Fedorov on the engineers.

4 Likes

When they want you to actually buy premium squads to bypass the squad carousel restriction locking a certain playstyle behind a paywall.

5 Likes

These squads can still make money. Squads of engineers from Stalingrad - nope. Did you catch the difference? Got it?

2 Likes

It’s very simple. The answer is M.O.N.E.Y.

4 Likes

But remember there is no p2w because bolts kill in one shot, just skill issue for not shooting bolts as fast as 100 mag thompson.

Don’t worry, more premium paras and more premium power creep coming, my hope is gone but at least my wallet is happy now.

4 Likes

They don’t care about the balance if it:

• Gives them profit (premium squads)
  • Gives them increased engagement eg events (so they can tell investors that their game is growing more and more with each passing quarter now give us even more money Gaijin papa)

In case of Stalingrad Engineers it no longer gives them any profit via microtransactions so that’s why they invented poor unbelievable lie and excuse that they care so much about new players (even tho new players would never play against MKB42) and the balance (even tho we have a dozen op premium and event squads) just to delete our content they promised us (two times!) that we will still keep them “forever”. That’s the hypocrisy of the highest degree.

On RU forum one of the devs (or helpers i dunno) admitted that they are incapable of separating Staligrad engineers from other engineers so every engineer would retain AR rights to equip any AR (even Allies engineers so Fedorov +AS44). I’m not sure if that’s just pure laziness or their coders are absolutely talentless hacks that can’t code.

If that’s so complicated for them why not make two premium engineer squads for the Axis that they would give us as Stalingrad FA owners, but also could sell for everyone else in their store since they care so much about money and if it’s sold with real $$$ then it’s no longer issue with any balancing :rofl:

I wonder what kind of sci-fi stuff they gonna bring next year i guess mecha dogs squad of 9 with a minigun and a mounted rocket launcher. That’s the balance!

4 Likes

The Sturmgewehr Mkb should’ve been removed because it is an ASSAULT rifle. It’s better that they try to keep weapon classes distinct. There are few other miss matches I’d like them to correct as well

I’ve suggested a Battle/AUTOMATIC rifle like the AVT that would be a fine replacement

It’s nice to read such truth. I wanted to hang you a medal, but I want to cry how beautifully everything is written, I couldn’t have done it better.
fghfghfgh

On a more serious tone, the current “merge” is a complete example of laziness, not so much from the technical side as from the creative side. In order to nurture the game you created, you have to somehow show that you care. Now it’s just a more acceptable model for them to make money, I think they themselves don’t see Enlisted as a more serious application in the market. Enlisted is becoming very similar to Destiny and Gaijin to Bungie. They would definitely find something in common sitting at the same table.

4 Likes

This is what I picture on the merge with the way things are going like they are using balance as a reason to introduce the restriction on squad carousel which only screws over F2P players on certain playstyles like want to specialize in something but going to be behind a paywall if this goes on.

They already locked paratroopers behind paywall and there’s no way for those who missed their respective event for whatever reason to get the event version. I do agree on the laziness there instead of addressing the problem they take the easy way out.

2 Likes

Balance is easy: send all premium squads to high tier.

2 wrongs dont make a right or in this case 10 wrongs… i hate paratrooper diversity and that is also the case for engineer with AR. and i agree that some premium squads are just OP, but i still dont want for engineers to have access to fedorovs and stg44(or mkb).

It is not so easy to implement.
Besides, two squads of universal engineers with machine guns is also a controversial thing for balance - the US and Japan don’t have them. And newcomers in the future will not be able to get such special squads.