I have been freed

Now onto the serious stuff: Ethiopa squads, when?

1 Like

What are we talking about?

2 Likes

Adding in Ethiopian squads :sunglasses:

My reasons for wanting Ethiopian squads:
List of Second Italo-Ethiopian War weapons of Ethiopia - Wikipedia

Giving my soldiers Afros.

I’m all for unique nation’s squads, like the Morroccan riflemen.
Doubt we’ll get them unfortunately since those are already getting removed presumeably because they don’t fit in other theatres after the merge since it even leaves the US without a premium riflemen squad. Hope this means we get a new US premium riflemen squad since it’s my favourite type of squad.

Btw, what is all this “i have been freed” referring too?

1 Like

Very childish

Yes, but I mean like a country with its gear and a research tree. Ethiopia was a sovereign nation, after all, and Morocco was a protectorate. I look forward to having multiple Ethiopian squads with their rifles and swords. Maybe even do some light trolling with chucking spears, lol.

We wouldn’t have to worry about countries being added if we just bunched them up into coalitions. (Western Allies, which includes Africa; Eastern Allies; Axis European; Allies Pacific; Axis Pacific)
It is far too complicated to separate by countries, which gives room to inaccuracies, excluding countries, and will divide the player base due to countries that have not been added yet. By separating everything into coalitions, you can have five base research trees. So, if you wanted to add a country’s weapon, you would slap it under one of the coalition trees. You could do the same with how it is currently separated, but what happens when you don’t have the country’s research tree to put it under? You would either make an entirely new tree to separate the player base further, slap it under one of the current countries’ research trees, and have a bunch of inaccuracies.

Dark Flow, whether they are aware or not, is putting the merge into a box and hindering it from blossoming. The box must be removed so it may flourish.

Imagine if the squad was just nine riflemen with the M1A1 carbine that the Pacific paratroopers got…

A mod misunderstood one of my threads and thought I was telling/singling him out and saying that he wasn’t welcome here. Also had spam thrown on top of that. It’s all good, though. He knows I wasn’t telling him off or anything; all is Gucci :sunglasses:

1 Like

You still don’t know how to send GIFs, do you?

What is even more messed up is that you don’t want your characters to have the best haircut of all time. I could never…

I love the M1 Carbine irl but no game does it justice other than HLL where it can one shot people in the chest at mid range. With Enlisted otherwise good TTK, the Carbine just doesn’t perform in line with the other weapons. No one is still standing after getting hit in the chest with it irl but in Enlisted (and most other games) you’re still fine. I’d like to see it do 10 damage up to 50 meters fully upgraded but doubt they’ll improve it…
Despite that, I got the M1A1 squad you mentioned and despite me not liking the gun in the game…I’d still get a 9 man infantry squad with it since I am such a M1 Carbine junkie and premmy rifleman sqaud enthusiast. :rofl:

Re: African coalition tree. Would be cool but don’t hold your breath. They are far more likely to do France/Poland and other European nations since they are more in the public’s eye when talking about WW2. Personally hoping for Dutch and French troops, being a Dutch national myself with some French ancestry during the war.

Also, a Korean War spin off would be great. Most of the guns, not vehicles, used there are in game already.

1 Like

Sure about that? A goofy afro, in Enlisted…

Would make the head hit box bigger. :smirk:

1 Like

I will gladly trade that for getting to charge some pasta boys with a Shotel with the wind flowing around my Afro.

In the same note,

Do you own the Moroccan warriors?

They can charge ahead with the wind flowing around their turban!

1 Like

There are only three games that get the M1 Carbine right: RO2, RS2, and HLL. We must return to our roots.

LOL

Here is the thing: since the African coalition would be too small, just group it with the Western Allies Europe (every country that was fighting in the Western theatre: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Britain, USA, Denmark, etc). In Eastern Allies Europe, it will include the Soviet Union, Poland, Greece, and whatever else I am forgetting. So, instead of each country having its own tree, it would just be one big tree with weapons and vehicles from all said countries that are under whichever coalition the devs choose.

Imagine everyone who plays as the Chinese having only one weapon per squad lol

1 Like

Nah, I don’t intend to put any money towards this game since Stalingrad. I will never understand why they continue to put xp towards levels in Stalingrad that are not available for players.

Based, but are they carrying a Martini-Henry with a spear to chuck in the other hand :eyes:

We can’t just make the Ethiopians premium (due to them actually having a standing army), save that for the Rhodesians.

I’d see no other option than premium… or FOMO event for them. Because I doubt df would want to create an entire new faction just for those guys…

They already have difficulties keeping the option to obtain Commonwealth or Italian soldiers after the War Thunder conversion update!

2 Likes

That is why I have been suggesting that Darkflow should merge everything (weapons, vehicles, etc) into five separate Factions: Allies West (USA, Britain, France, Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, Ethiopia, Holland, Commonwealth), Allies East (Russia, Greece, Poland), Axis Europe (Germany, Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Yugoslavia, and Finland), Allies Pacific (USA, Britain, Australia, NZ, China, Philipines, maybe throw in Borneo if the devs are feeling it and want to add some blow darts and machetes), Axis Pacific (Japan, Thailand).

So, if I wanted to play on Normandy Beaches, I would play as Allies West. They have their own research tree. The same applies to the other four factions.

Axis Europe is universal in matchmaking and can be in a match at Normandy Beach or Stalingrad.

By organizing the merge like this, Dark Flow is able to avoid creating a new faction while also adding new content from other countries.

What do you think?

Well, I myself never wanted combined campaigns, because I like choosing my war theater and maps, but I did want combined faction tech trees, but only to have less things to grind multiple times, like the mp40 I grinded for 5x.

But, it’s wishful thinking at this point, the opportunity window has passed. Except some small tweaks, like the economy changes devs finally wanted to concede, the big lines won’t change.

We will see what will happen, but, I hope you liked war thunder a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Small tweaks, as in changing the names of the trees into factions, etc?

I have never touched that game in life, and will continue not to lol. The only tolerable thing about it is the Classified documentation posted on their forum.

1 Like

Tried that with the Russians in Stalingrad but couldn’t. There’d be cases of 5 men and 1 Mosin.

1 Like

Looks like a surprisingly unique set of weapons. Count me in.

1 Like

During the battle of Stalingrad, there would be cases of front-line soldiers beating the crap out of reserves so they could take their weapons. Ivan don’t play no games.

1 Like