I have a few questions about the community

Greetings,

This is my first time posting here, but after looking through the forum beforehand, I’m confused about two things.

1. Why is it people complain about using Battle Rating 1 equipment vs Battle Rating 5? Surely, if played clever enough, a bolt-actions should have the range and damage advantage.

2. What is the current shift of the player base regarding factions? I’ve heard a lot of controversy regarding this, but I thought I should ask so I can adjust my playstyles and possibly prepare for when I do enter the so-called sweat tier (4-5).

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

1: Allow me to paint you a picture, I give you a pistol, And I get an assault rifle. we have to fight, Do you feel that is fair and equal? While yes a bolt action can beat someone with an assault rifle, a 9 man team can drop fast to a dude with an MKB-42

2: Japan is right now full of really good players, People are saying the US is the weakest.

1 Like

First: welcome!

1- br 5 weapons are way more powerful than br 1… IF you want to be competitive! You will never cap a zone with bolt actions against a team armed fully with SF rifles.

2- it shifts! All the time! I call this trend factor. For your sanity and ease of grind, try to favour the popular factions. Because the game is flawed in that it only rewards winning teams. There’s no incentive whatsoever in playing unpopular factions, except if you really love their tools.

4 Likes

I see, but tier 1 gets rifles with 20 or so stopping power and tier 5 gets assault rifles, which depending on the situation, are good, but still have 8 or so stopping power.

Thank you anyway for the input.

(Looking at the statistics in the tech tree).

The Statistics aren’t really fair as they tend to be dishonest, It’s weird. there’s a spreadsheet.

To give you an idea a bolt action will one shot and carries 5 rounds in the mag. reloaded by clips of ammo or single bullets. has to rack the bolt every shot.
the MKB-42 requests at lest 2-4 shots to kill and fires fast, 30 rounds per mag. reloaded via mags
you will often cut down a team of people with the MKB before they can react.

1 Like

here’s the spreadsheet.

2 Likes

Thank you! I am a casual player myself and low tier Germany’s alright (except during the game mode where you have to capture and hold two points simultaneously, everyone just rushes to the uncaptured one, leading into a paradox).

Thanks for the advice, I’ll see how America plays out later.

1 Like

Good weapon needs to find a balance between a damage and a fire-rate. In this game enemies are humans, not elephants so 20 dmg is too much.

Currently we are trying to crush Japs in Pacific.

1 Like

Thank you once again for the information.

1. I know what the damage model is (10 health, 10 downed health last time I checked), but say, there’s a sniper preventing your team from capturing a point and providing cover fire for the defenders, you’d want to take him out as fast as possible. Chances are, he’d be a good distance away from you and behind cover). Either way, I’ve been informed about the statistics already.

2. I’ve also been informed of this.
    ~Semper Fidelis!

1 Like