I had yet to see this one (vanishing objective bug)

It came as a total novelty to me when a couple of days ago, during a destruction match, one of the objectives (the radio stations) suddenly disappeared into nothingness mid-match, while still being contested.

I’m not even mad, but I guess such bug could ruin someone day.

We were attacking as US on Omer (or is it? The town split in two by the river), and it was otherwise a damn good match, where we painfully managed to advance despite the Germans putting up a hell of a fight. (Suffice to say, at the end I had 145 kills without ever spawning a vehicle.)

Except, we probably lost because of said bug.

We successfully blew up the first obj at the fuel deposit right of the river. I went to mine the other obj on the other side, inside the house, but got killed at 40% progress or so.

I respawned and fought my way back to the house, just to find… nothing. Despite the obj icon being still there, showing the partial progress, there was no radio anymore, NOTHING to interact with, just an empty room.

I tried looking for some invisible point to interact with, but to no avail. Throwing a few explosives, hoping to glitch the radio back to our dimension, didn’t work either.

So all we could do was to keep fighting pointlessly for the house, wasting precious tickets for nothing. This went on for some 5 minutes, until apparently somehow a teammate of mine managed to find a magic spot where he could interact with the missing object, and finish setting up the explosive.

(Which automatically made us take the point, because of course Germans were unable to find a way to defuse the invisible obj as well.)

The rest of the match went on without particular issues. As said, it was a great match, just a bit of sour taste because we could have won if we didn’t waste so many tickets early due to the bug.

1 Like

Happen to me like around when merge release I’m pretty sure I submitted it before but as usual it seem to haven’t been acknowledge and now I forgot the name of that report (and most people either didn’t believe or they didn’t care it one of those)

Since Feb 11 nice I guess it super rare tho

This is old from Stalingrad, technically it don’t disappear, the radio fall under the floor and you need find the magic spot we’re the game tell you, you can interact with the radio

Good to know, so if it happens again, I’ll try searching on the ground, thank you.

Wow really, played Stalingrad before the merge, never saw that crazy bug.
I’ve got a feeling that this is linked to the soldier glitch bug too, where soldiers can get dropped underground and plant/defuse objectives