How to flesh out Britain and Italy as Subfactions

Britain and Italy….especially Britain……are not their own independent factions yet but I feel they should be better fleshed out as the subfactions they are.

Add all Squad types and soldier classes to the Research Tree. Multiples of these squads should be added just like for America and Germany (ex: Riflemen II, MG II, etc)

• Riflemen
  • Engineer
  • Assaulter
  • Sniper
  • MG
  • Radio
  • AT
  • Mortar
  • Medic
  • Flamethrower

Motorcycles may be a niche class but they are a class nonetheless. The USSR and Japan should receive a RESEARCH TREE Motorcycle squad, but Britain and Italy should receive one too
Norton Big 4 (originally this was an old Tunisia British squad but I think it should return as a free Research Tree squad)

Moto Guzzi 500 Alce

A Motorized Infantry squad should be added in the RESEARCH TREE
AEC Matador
Fiat 626

Customizable Paratrooper squads should be added to the Research Tree. All factions should have them, and that means Britain and Italy too!

Add a British and Italian Flamethrowers into the Research Tree
Flamethrower, Portable No.2 Mk II
Lanciafiamme Modello 40
Lanciafiamme Modello 41

Add British and Italian Mortars into the Research Tree
Ordnance ML 3-inch Mortar (medium mortar)
Brixia Model 35 (light mortar)
81/ 14 Model 35 (medium mortar)

Add the Tromboncino M28 to the Research Tree as Italy’s rifle grenade launcher

Give Britain and Italian Radio operators their own unique Radio set
Wireless Set No. 18
RF1

Do an Event for a British and Italian Rocket Artillery Radio Operator squad

Move the previous Event Whirlwind plane to a British plane squad instead of American

Add more British and Italian cosmetics and make the Italians have proper uniforms instead of wearing German in every other campaign besides Tunisia
Pacific
Winter

11 Likes

Bad idea :-1:

On a Russian forum they made complete tech-tree for UK and Italy and you throw their work into a thrash-can.

4 Likes

Britain and Italy should be independent factions but that may not be for a long time given other priorities as well as queqe debates

It is better as a compromise for now that they get refined as a subfaction for when we want to use them

4 Likes

While I get your point, that has numerous issues and would bloat the tech trees with more functionally identical equipment which we really don’t need more of.

Could you send me the link for Can you send me the link to see that research tree as I am interested

As of UK, I cannot find it at the moment.

2 Likes

The same could be said for many things already in the Research Tree, as well as things that will be added. I could say do we really need a Sherman X,Y,Z when we already have 5 of them. I think it’s simply that people are constantly on the American/ German train that they pave over everything else leaving Britain and Italy in the shadow. Heck people practically think America fought WW2 single-handedly and only ever care about D-Day

Britain and Italy should receive love in the Research Tree. It’s new content and allows us to better use British and Italians in our loadouts

2 Likes

Yeah, Italy and Britain being split off would help with that a lot. But adding more things for the sake of sub factions and nothing else (without foldering some guns!) would make things much worse.

Agreed. Myself and others have suggested UK be separate and add the Commonwealth, likewise Italy be separate and add other Axis nations.
This would allow for more content and also free up space for more American/German content.

People sadly hate on this idea.

The response is either UK and Italy basically shouldnt exist or “Just Use Folders”. Yes, except I fail to see why Enlisted tech trees should be like an Iphone Pictures with all these folders everywhere.

I fully support your idea. I know for APC for example Ive been arguing for an Australian Universal Carrier. This would allow those of us who want to play as UK-Commonwealth to have all UK-Commonwealth squads instead of being forced to have an American squad.
I said Australian UC since the Aussie one was different to the Universal Carrier that DF added as an event vehicle.
It would also mean players get a choice between a wheeled truck or tracked vehicle.
Your suggestion for Italian APC is good, and Id be fine with an AEC Matador or Bedford QL, any Canadian Military Pattern truck etc.

I had people yelling at me that adding Australian and other Commonwealth uniforms doesnt matter (literally just add a slouch hat). Not only was it a personal attack to some extent, but also what makes the things I want added to the game any less important than anyone else’s suggestion?

After all, no one on this forum demands their suggestions be implemented tomorrow or else. Its just hey DF heres this idea and why I think it should/could be added.

Like you I definitely get the vibe sometimes that large sections of the Enlisted community are just toxic Yanks or Russians who cant deal with the fact the Second World War was a WORLD war. No one is asking for entire tech trees for Fiji or Luxembourg.
All we ask is hey some more British and or Commonwealth / Italian squads/tech/uniforms would be nice. Or better still let them have their own tree. There’s more than enough tech for Britain and Italy and various posters on this forum have shown that.
Add in the Commonwealth and other Axis nations respectively and youve got a very good and unique tech tree.

Part of the reason Ive argued for separate trees is precisely so theres room for a specific Australian squad here (eg Owen gun), a specific Hungarian squad there (eg Kiraly). And then in future with Commonwealth for example maybe add some stuff from the Greek Army (if they added Greece/Balkans maps), or Free Polish/Free Czech squads etc.

More content encourages new players and keeps the game from going stale for existing players. I dont understand why people want just another WWII game where its all USA and USSR Omaha Beach Stalingrad thats it, ignore literally every other theatre of the war and every other combatant country.

2 Likes

I wish you could choose the nationality of each squad and have it change the voice lines and names of soldiers in it. The system right now is not good, and that would be far better than adding entirely new squads and making the amount of them even worse.

For immersion the Australian soldiers should say cunt in the voice lines

Yes I have been asking for this too. Ive said it many times before, Commonwealth uniforms especially are really easy to make. They already got models for Australian and New Zealand uniforms. Canada just needs a regular tunic with CANADA written on the shoulder. British India just need turbans, etc.
As the main post refers to, weve got this silly system of hundreds of squads. For Allies being some British, some American.
Weve got like 4 different assualt squads, but only 1 American specific APC squad.
Hence elsewhere Ive suggested they get rid of specific unit names, make them generic ‘machine gun squad’ for example, and like you said just click a flag and it makes them all Americans or all Canadians or all South Africans or whatever. Same with Axis.

The only thing I say with new squads is that we have a specific unlock for the Owen gun, Ross rifle and Vickers-Berthier.
These in my opinion should be default Australian, Canadian and British Indian squads (with of course the ability to change that if desired). Because those nations were the ONLY countries that used those weapons. Frankly as an Australian I just cringe everytime I see Yank GIs with Owen guns in this game.

But I do agree with you and would clarify when I say add Australian squads for example I dont mean add like 10 entirely new squads that happen to be Australian, I just mean let us choose Australian uniforms and if they added the Australian Universal Carrier for example then let the default for that be Australian soldiers.

1 Like

Adding melee weapons for specific countries like the gurkha knives would be awesome too. Also I wish they would label country specific med kits and such

2 Likes

Well actually I dont believe in the 1940s Australian men talked like that. Some swore, of course, but I dont think that word was as common. There also may be rules around profanity in the game idk (I turn off voice lines so I dont really care. I cant see any company recreating believable Australian accents and either way I was sick of hearing a bunch of Yanks screaming YEAAHH!! WOO HOO!! AELL REEGHTT! all the time lol.

Also agree with this. RIP buying a large ammo pouch when it cost $1000 and only then seeing the big U.S on the side…

Coming soon.

1 Like

Literally all that needs to happen is more TT units and squads from other nations, so that if someone wants to play with only british squads and weapons they can.

Same could be done with for example “Romanian, Canadian, Partisans and many other factions”.

More British guns and tanks on the US TT, more mid BR Italian stuff and already alot of people would be happy - no need to have fully separate factions since those would fight on the same maps anyways.

3 Likes

I agree. I would like Britain and Italy, especially Britain, to be their own independent faction but that may not be for a long time. For the most part I’m fine with them being joined by America and Germany for now.

But they should at least be refined more so they are worthwhile when we choose to play as them. Maybe I feel like having a full British lineup, or maybe I want my Riflemen squad to be British for today all armed with Lee-Enfields

1 Like