How to control AI

I have been reading that you can control your AI squad but I cannot figure out how to do it…They always swarm around me and if I get killed then the whole squad gets killed usually…Are there instructions anywhere that teach you how to control your AI?

1 Like

you can “tell” your AI to do many things by press X.

basic command, is the " stand in a position " ( by pressing X on the ground… unless you’re from console. i don’t know the binds there )

which a green cross appear, telling you where the Ai will roughly " guard ":

and the AI soldiers will stand on that point.

you can also individually tell AI where to go, and to do that, you have to press " K "

which a green arrow it will appear under your soldiers in the UI:

and allows you to tell the soldier where they should go.

( usually time consuming as you have to do for each one, but really good for defenses as you can place your own AI behind door ways, under stairs, around corners etc, keep in mind that if you switch to that soldier, he will lose the order if you switch to another soldier )

the only issue is, after 50 meters, they will abandon their original order and follow you back.

other command:

• if you press X on a vehicle, it will tell your AI to get inside that vehicle.

• if you press X on an enemy vehicle, they AI will try to destroy it by using AT guns ( in the next update ) or use explosive packs if they have any in their inventory.

• if you press X on an Objective, your ai will attack or guard the objective. which unlike and the individual orders ( through the K button as previously shown ) and the " stand in a position " order, this one will not cancel after 50 meters.

so you can potentially ( more advisable to do in defense ) leave your AI on a point, while you do anything else like ambush without getting spotted because of your own AI.

lastly, if you hold Y you can select to which soldier you want to switch, or select the formation and behaviors:

( next to your weapon )

Formations are self explanatory but very situationals.
which, the formations gets cancel if you apply any order to do anything.

they only work when moving as " bodyguards ". close if you are in berlin and you want them tight ( but it’s also risky ) default to have them in a proxy position, and wide is only advisable if you find your self in forest. so that they will spread out and don’t die from a single nade. plus, the enemy will have more targets to shoot at in different locations.

and last but not least,

your own AI has a built in command / procedure that if you place a mark in the map ( by pressing M, hold alt, and right click an area that you want them to face ) or by just pressing V, your own AI will always face that mark or spot.

best to use the one on the map because last somewhat longer.

and to undo everything, you hold X and the ai will come back to you.

that’s… pretty much it.

5 Likes

The problem on console is that if i press double x maybe my bot will not attack the tank but sit on top of it :rofl:
Binds one console are problematic for example the para squad of german have fire select and grande launcher select overlap by design.

THank you…I will try that…

willthey open fire on any enemy cos mine dont do shit but die they wont fire at anything

They should indeed open fire on the enemy.
Unless you have not selected “aggressive” but “passive” behaviour.

1 Like