How about let dev focus on make custom games server stable?

I believe there have been some exciting updates regarding custom games and some great work were put in by the developers.

But custom servers still have some long-standing problems

For example, you cannot switch teams after re-entering the room. The room mechanism still has a lot to improve, and a better system is needed to eliminate naughty players without being abused. etc.

There is also a need to add better experience rewards and pass progression grinding for custom games, allowing players to grind their squads in custom games.

I heard from other players about half a year ago that the custom room plan added some kind of financial reward, but we haven’t seen it yet

And our custom room servers are often unstable, in addition to NA servers, EU and Eastern European servers are often unavailable, such as what is happening now.

I think the developers should devote a few weeks to a dedicated effort to perfect everything about customization. Update a major version for a custom game.

And if you think custom games can’t make money, then add some commercial plans, such as premium servers with better performance, etc.

If financial support allows you to focus on this important work, then add it.

Not only do custom rooms have some long-standing issues and bugs that players have been struggling with for years, I think the developers should schedule a time to fix them

Tired of talking about bugfixes or improvements, now we can’t even play :joy: :smiling_face_with_tear:

12 Likes

I think the developers should devote a few weeks to a dedicated effort to perfect everything about customization. Update a major version for a custom game

I strongly disagree. I would rather see dedicated servers.

Custom games are part of Enlisted. Just because it doesn’t directly generate money, it shouldn’t get neglected.

A game with good mod support can pull in a lot of players.

2 Likes

Their servers are so weak that custom servers without mods with the full presence of single players often produce a high load. Then what kind of custom locations can we talk about? Everything is playable only at the level of small maps from COD, Volokolamsk cannot be completely remade. The question for developers then becomes, what is the point of these tools?

1 Like

Also the sandbox portal should get an overhaul

2 Likes

we really need a better servers!!! this week i created domination mod 8vs8 with no bases and custom spawns, map was quite small no bigger than cod 10v10 map. i added 11 custom spawns per team total of 22 spawns, those spawns were checking for enemy proximity every 2 secounds (not exacly becuse i used diferent interval using primary numbers for each of them so they dont check at the same time) those spawns were also reactivated every 9 secounds, one at the time every 400milisecounds by group switch timer becouse they dont reactivate on their own after enemy moves away.

it was too much for the server to handle. game would literly freeze from time to time, its not your tipical lag it just completly bricks the server. and its just 22 entities and its only 22 checks run every 2 secounds
I will test it with less spawns per team in the future 16total and also remove frendly radious so its less checks i hope it will fix the issue for now. but to be honest we just need a better servers or just an abilty to add our own servers or as you said to buy better servers form them.

if someone wants to use my custom spawns here is the post that contin all the neseserry info Custom spawns for tdm, domination, king of the hill gamemode. Need help with optimization!

Is it possible that your map creating so many spawns is overloading the servers so much that nobody else can host their custom maps ?
From what I read in the description of what you’re doing, your spawn method is creating WAY too many spawn points.
There’s probably a good reason most normal maps only use 4-8 (approx) spawns per team. It’s possible that a huge number of spawn points causes a significant load on the server.
btw - I may be completely wrong about this as I’m unfamiliar with how they program spawns anyway.

1 Like

From what I read in the description of what you’re doing, your spawn method is creating WAY too many spawn points.

That’s not how it works. Custom lobbies don’t affect other’s performance. Each lobby is a server instance.

I know because i did some stress tests a while ago.

1 Like

Ah ok fair enough. It was just a random theory.

It’s a successful method used by other games, if I might add.

I would so pay money to host my own dedicated server (or have it hosted by a server hosting company) of enlisted where i can ban certain modes / maps and/or make a map rotation while banning certain weapons / BR’s. This would also help with region ping issues where there isnt a local server.

1 Like

Funny thing is - I just resubbed Premium even though I have little interest in unlocking any new weapons etc. in the research tree (I prefer authentic early-war stuff anyway and BR5 is a sweatfest) purely to get the 2 squad slots and SERVER PASSWORD on customs. I told a friend ‘I really only pay money for this game cos I enjoy modding the amazing maps in the editor - it’s the EDITOR which I’m really paying to use in my mind, not the actual game as such’.
However, I usually host my maps without a password to allow anyone to have fun in a large-scale battle (anyone remember the Enlisted ad claim?). Passwords are only really used when I’m showing friends around my map before it’s finished or to do a training session. I even test my maps (and take screenshots etc.) without setting a password - which is quite fun when I’m walking around looking for a good photo location while a random player flies around in a plane bombing random stuff in the distance.

1 Like

I also play this game mostly for customs. I have already unlocked everything i want so i use my time making and playing mods. Unfortunately the custom games lack basic features such as password for f2p and br limits. Also the servers are really unstable and the sandbox is broken making the modding experience more unpleasant

How about developers make actual match maker first.

This is out of topic, they have spent several years on regular mode match make, and this is what they can do. They’ve spent too much time on that and clearly still don’t live up to your expectations. Otherwise you wouldn’t be posting this off-topic reply here

And I don’t want to make any suggestions for them to improve the regular game anymore.

Currenly they should now fix some basic functions of custom games, such as the bug of exiting and reentering the game, which is completely basic functionalityssssssssssssss. To Make the server stable or able to automatically and quickly recover, rather than suddenly crashing completely

Customized game rooms do not require matchmaking. Old players leave and new players come in, and the game can always be filled with as many players as possible.

1 Like

All they have to do is remove the blatantly stupid and unfair BR I-III III-V MM. Instead BR 2 for example should only fight BR2.

No, there would be enough players, that’s not an excuse.

Conclusion on the topic: we need better servers and lobbies.

3 Likes