High caliber: heavy machine guns!

@James_Grove
I have a question about those new mgs. Keo mentioned those could be used to shoot at planes… which mean they should have wide firing angles.

Please tell me those angles are better than light mgs emplacements, and if possible make light lmgs emplacement have wider angles as well?

9 Likes

Actually it makes more snese (imo) to give gunner squads normal MG nests and give HMGs to engineer squads.

23 Likes

Thx for suggestion, i’ll forward it

6 Likes

This really makes sense read this @1942786

2 Likes

It makes more sense to give proper bipods mechanics to gunner squads so that…

… they’d use the mgs they already have properly :zipper_mouth_face:

9 Likes

NO!!!
How dare you suggest such heresy?!

You can’t delete the game’s tradition just like that!

3 Likes

Let’s just suggest that from now on, the lmgs carried by gunners are nothing more than sidearms. :smiley:

6 Likes

Only that I understand this correctly:

You bring a “new” weapon, like the heavy machine gun!

To use/build this weapon we must “Unlock the proper upgrade for your gunner squad”.

Ok cool, so not everyone can immediately use the heavy MG, great!

But hold on,

if I’m prepared to pay 60 € (SIXTY fucking EURO) for this “ability”, it all works immediately.

Once again, but there is no such thing as PAY TO WIN…right?

In other words, the same mendacious bullshit as usual…

Are you ( this means Darkflow) serious ?

1 Like

This is also a point that I am confused about.

Is there a necessary connection between the new squad and the new heavy machine gun?

1 Like

as far as Darhlflow is concerned, yes
This is all about making even more money, otherwise there is no reason at all.

In any case…

Those big mgs look fantastic. The DShK particularly.

@James_Grove @1942786

• What will be their building time?
  • how wide vertical and horizontal firing angles will be?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I think you gonna know it on release by yourself с:

3 Likes

Awwww come on, throw me a bone…

It’s torture :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow no power creep with premium squads again.

At some point people will notice that buying them is pointless when new ones comes out and are way better again.

9 Likes

It’s not false…

Please add engineers in older premium squads.

9 Likes

Not like that is known to work out.

3 Likes

It is just like regular Engineer squad, where you need to unlock each engineer structure like aa at and mg.

All premium squad upgrades is fully upgraded.

1 Like

Hopefully you will do something similar with AT squads - allow their eng to build high caliber AT guns to counter heavy tanks. Or at least do it for late campaigns with Tigers, Jumbos, IS-2 etc.

3 Likes

Heavy MGs - that is really cool dont get me wrong, but the again complete disregard for any historical authenticity is in a way infuriating and alarming

Why again do we need a MG42 squad in the battle of Moscow?

A gun that started being used in mid 1942? Why do you completely dont care about any sort of historical accuracy or resemblance to other campaigns?

Berlin and Moscow - theyre basically the same now. They have ARs, SFs, now the same MGs basically.

Like wtf?

Cant something like Moscow just be early war and Berlin be late. I want to use shitty bolts and SMGs in moscow, not some prototype, wasnt even there MKB/MG42 that both ruin gameplay and immersion?

The second one is why add the MG-131?

From what i was able to find, it was only used by the luftwaffe on aircraft.

Why not just not give the germans a disadvantage to not have a heavy MG, but give them a really good lighter MG?

The MG08

Make it overheat really slow, have great angle of fire, and have sandbags on top of the buildable to give even more cover for the user?

Or why not the MG34 (moscow) MG42 Lafayette’s ?

Where you might even have an optic, and be able to shoot from better cover?

Kind of disappointing in a way

15 Likes

MG34 with AP rounds would be good enough imo, but not as unique. (Although to be fair I’m kind of fed up the the “unique” shit we have in game already.)

8 Likes