Hey guys look at my squad

Look at my attempt of making italian volunteers

3 Likes

Wut?

cool, I hope DF adds more customizations options in the future so we can make them even more Italian.

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with the Italian military, so I don’t know which part of it is Italian, but it’s a cool squad.

looks like more of a volkssturm squad.

which, matter of fact, after the " fall " of italy, germany had seized alot of italian equipment, and the germans actually converted some carcanos and renamed them: which the volksturm actually used.

i couldn’t resisist making some volkssturm unit based on it too :slight_smile:

however, not to be " rude ", but from the look of it, it doesn’t seems your soldiers are really " italian volountiers " but more like germans with italian weapons.

not sure how many italians squads after the merge you can get though:

but these is how they looked before

( p.s neither mines are really that historical. i’ll admit. and there are some impostors among my own squad :sweat_smile: but with time, i hope to fix them )

Edit. it seems you can still get some of the older squads with actual italians inside:

4 Likes

and reminder those who didnt fight,they end as slaves if i remembee well

what slaves? Are you talking about some ancient Roman war?

1 Like

i dont have enough clothing points the italian part is just some dudes with the weapons from italy

1 Like

I feel like i should have named this my attempt of making a volksgrenadier squad

rip, relatable since we all suffer from that since merge update F-ed up customization.

Forced Labour Camp my friend, in September 1943 Italy withdrew from the war, then the Wehrmacht captured all Italian soldiers after tha, they were brought to Germany and declared military internees, thus their labour could be exploited without any regards to the Geneva Convention and the political situation in Italy. Over 30,000 of a total of 650,000 Italian prisoners of war were sent to Berlin and distributed to various camps forced to make trenches, and such, they don’t allow them go to air raid shelters because they where traitors, and the little who survived where forced still to fight for Germany,there are known cases of individual soldiers being forced to fight in Berlin in mixed units because the Germans no longer had many troops left to fight you can read about it my friend :>

i know about that but i didnt know they fought in berlin, i thought it was just the waffen SS one

it’s so horrible, here it’s more info about it

1 Like