[HELP] My entire mod and rendinsts dissappeared out of nowhere!?

Hello comrades…

I was almost finished with my zombies mod, only last light sources were missing.

I simply reloaded the scene like i did hundred of times and suddently everything dissappeared?

HELP PLEASE

1 Like

When you load into large scenes, and when you press F12 too fast, the RI boxes may disappear.

make a backup, just to be sure and simply reload the mission :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well damn… how do i get a backup? Like every time i reload into it, there is nothing…

(i also had "create a backup each 5 minutes on)

1 Like

Just copy and paste the mod folder?

There was one time my map deleted itself, but that was an extreme case. In your case it should work.

You can send me scene.blk in privtae if you want, and i can take a look.

2 Likes

@Enginya

When a user goes into editing mode before the rendinsts could load, their boxes are not shown.

Of course, when you reenter editing mode this issue is solved.

The main problem is when someone saves the scene while the RI boxes are invisible; The game doesn’t see those and will delete/unsave all placed rendinsts.

Pressing CTRL+A doesn’t show assets in list:

Pressing F12 twice solves the issue:

Saving the scene with “invisible” rendinsts will delete all placed game_decor:

game_decor is deleted

Here is the mission scene used above:

rendinstmap.zip (139.2 KB)

Has 2 BLKs. This is a gridmap created from the rendinstlist found in the gamefiles.

@Scav_Sergei this is what happened to you probably.

2 Likes

yep.

this is a valuable lesson in learning to how back up your stuff.

we all have been there at some point.
( however, luckily for me, i was blessed as i uploaded the whole map but at the time we didn’t had encription, and the second time happened, i managed to remake the whole map even better )

also yeah, the more stuff it has, ( or generally, the more it takes to load ) the more the chances of this phenomena happening increases

4 Likes

Sadly i dont have the time to redo it anymore, i worked 2 weeks straight on it. Next times are pretty tough workwise for me, so i guess i have to scrap that idea. :persevere:

Thank you all though.

3 Likes

All backups you can find in userGameMods folder. There should be backup_1_Zombie_Survival_Berlin file.

2 Likes

Sadly there isnt. I looked everywhere. I also made sure i had the check on “create backup every 5 minutes”

1 Like

Wrote it down. Thx.

3 Likes