Heavy mortar should be a buildable for the engineer in mortar squad

It is a min-medium-sized mortar, but in reality it can hardly be operated by 1 soldier.

So is in the game. Maximum two mortars in 5-members squad.

Soldiers who carry the ammunition are represented in game as the engineers building ammo crates.

I’ve suggested new mortars before

These Heavy Mortars should be Engineer constructs

I thought it was a little silly that they made America’s standard light mortar an Event drop. I don’t even use the Mortar in the Pacific because it’s British. I’ll gladly wait for them to add the British campaigns in the Pacific to use it. I can’t wait to be able to use the M2 for the Americans

I disagree. I view the 81mm Mortars as Medium class. These mortars should remain as Infantry carried so we have an option between light and medium mortars. Light mortars should have more ammo and best for use against infantry and light vehicles, while Medium mortars are more general purpose and good for infantry and harassing vehicles.

What would be the point of us having both 81mm and 100+mm Mortars as constructs. Only the 100+mm Mortars should be a construct

See this is why I think the BR is stupid. I can understand at the moment the British are just attached to the American faction, I’m fine with this; but treating the British as a second class faction is ridiculous. Really, their content is “low BR”. Heck Britain used Churchills and the Heavy QF 17-pounder AT gun in Tunisia. The Allies first met the Tiger in Tunisia. Would they even add Tigers to the Tunisia campaign or do they fear it would “upset the balance”

Lol, you guys will find every excuse to attack the br system.

How is it related to br system? Did br system causing no churchill and 17pounder in Tunisia? It is because of the current campaign system not because of the br system that haven’t been implemented yet.
Nobody stop them to add high level British stuff after the merge since British stuff can also appear in Normandy.

There was talk on one of the dev posts about possibly bringing Italy and Britain in as their OWN factions at some point after the merge. Right now its just Tunisia which is predominately pre-war gear, and both sides use some weapons/ items/ vehicles that are used in other campaigns as is.

There are other warfronts that they wanted to bring in that would feature these nations, and at that point would then give them their own BR trees.

Until that time though, they still have low tier equipment, so will not be receiving equipment like the 80 mm mortar that are rather high tier.

wouldn’t that be spreading the players too thin (they use that for excuses now), or they just going to fall under the Allies and Axis banners?

Well, my guess is that they are going to try to ramp up the playerbase through the merge, and once they have enough people, release Italy and Britain as their own armies, since they originally talked about adding more battlefields and regions.

it’s just weird to me that they use the “lack of players” excuse when it’s convenient for bad implementations like a multi layered tier system based on toys that split the players, but then “lack of players” is an afterthought when once again adding more content that will split the players further in place of the content they are cutting somewhere else, such as campaigns disappearing into just maps

if at least it fell under Allies & Axies, it wouldn’t be so blantantly obvious