Guess how many M3 halftracks were supplied to USSR?

Two… (2) !

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

I bought this premium squad without prior research, have been using it, and just found out there were TWO of them ever supplied :smiling_face_with_tear:

What DF really should have done is give the M3 halftrack to Allies tech tree, as they made some 53 000 of those.

And USSR could receive the M3 scout car as premium, there were about 3 000 of them supplied under lend lease.

scale_720 (1)

scale_720

Why does DF always have to do things the weird way…

Now I will feel dirty playing the M3 halftrack as USSR.

6 Likes

I might be wrong but I think that USSR received many M5 Halftrack (UK also used them a lot). I think Soviets should have gotten the M5 instead of the M3, and instead add M3 to the US tree (with of course equivalent free armored APC for everyone).

Kinda weird what DF did there…

1 Like

Here are the lend lease numbers to USSR I found:

Universal Carrier - 2560
American armored personnel carriers:
M2 - 342
M3 - 2
M5 - 421
M9 - 419
T16 - 96
M3A1 Scout car - 3340

Indeed.
Unnecessarily weird.

1 Like

Yeah, on my first day (IIRC) playing the game (back in May), I bought the M3 in a mad rush, thinking it was an Allied vehicle. Much to my disappointment, I wouldn’t have an APC on the American side until I earned the truck. (It wasn’t all that apparent to me that LVT (A)(1) wasn’t an APC, but rather the LVT-4 was!) /smh

2 Likes

They could very easily replace the M3 with the M5 in-game. They’re similar enough that DF could get away with it.

PREACH!

i still want the halftracks to US as well either as the M3 or M5 :cry: