Good God, what the hell is the weapon choice for the Pacific

yes, Type I had terrible reliability, so army deny to use it and used for training of schools and Navy’s equipment.

S1-100 and SIG M1920 was used by not only SNLF but also other naval units.

For example, in this document (官房第5564号 8.12.20 軍艦出雲及鎮海防備隊に定数外消耗兵器供給並に兵器貸与の件に関する件), captain of armored cruiser HIJMS Izumo request replenishment of consumed supplies. In the list, they listed Vickers 12.7mm machine gun ammunition, Lewis 7.7mm machine gun ammunition, Bergmann machine pistol (SIG M1920) ammunition and Yamanouchi 5-cm gun ammunition. They are ground combat equipment of Izumo NLF (landing party consisted with crew of Izumo).

Also, in this document (別紙第4 海南警備府部隊主要兵器配分一覧), Hainan garrison station (海南警備府) had hundreds of S1-100. Allocations was as follows.
15th garrison (第十五警備隊): 15
16th garrison (第十六警備隊): 45
Sasebo district 8th SNLF (佐世保鎮守府第八特別陸戦隊): 40
Yokosuka district 4th SNLF (横須賀鎮守府第四特別陸戦隊): 21
Maizuru district 1st SNLF (舞鶴鎮守府第一特別陸戦隊): 46

Yes, but this game is WW2-era game. Type 26 revolver is quite old and in that time it was a bit rare weapon so I want to see navy’s Army-type pistol or import pistols than it.

For example, the IJA 20th Division’s Resupply Requisition in 1942 lists a variety of pistols, but almost all of them are automatic pistols and none of the 'Type 26 revolver.

original image

将校准士官軍装用拳銃同実包補給の件

Just a note, the Type Hei rifle saw more action than the Type 4 rifle, Marines captured a few on Okinawa, while the Type 4s never left the home islands.

And is better dont come here, the type 4 reload with 2 stripper clip in practically is a g41

I remember reading somewhere that an officer later in the war was asking for Type 26s because the Nambu his men used was less tolerant of sand, although I do not remember where. And it’s still a revolver which the game is lacking in. (Germans should get a Reichsrevolver and the Soviets should get a No.3 Russian as well as the Nagant)

Did they still used No.3 Russian?! I’m surprised. Japanese navy and army also used S&W No.3 Russian and called “No.1 type handgun” (一番形拳銃) but at the time of WW2 they were retired completely…

Although, if they add handguns, I think it is good to add not only navy’s Army-type pistol and popular import pistols but also Type 26 revolver.

Yeah, some No.3 Russians almost certainly saw use (most likely far from frontline like say on the Siberian frontier) seeing as the Russians were making ammo for it into the 30s and they would’ve been very useful during the horrific losses of Barbarossa.

1 Like