Give buildable Vickers MG to British squads

Currently all Allied squads are building the Browning M2 HMG or Browning M1919 MG

However we have some specifically British/Commonwealth squads such as

If they built a more appropriate Vickers HMG it would be really fine and dandy, innit old chap?

(the Italian squads can probably get some love as well)

16 Likes

Vickers fires 7.7mm (303.British) rounds which are much less powerful than current 13mm which HMGs fire.
Instead the vickers MG should MG nest engineers can build. That would be much more comparable in fire power to other nations.

3 Likes

The Vickers should be their standard MG Nest. There was a 50 cal variant of the Vickers that the British used so that should be their HMG

1 Like

Good point!

I mixed up Browning M1919 and Browning M2.

Then these guys

Are building HMG

And these guys

Should be building Vickers

4 Likes

Thank you for your post.

I previously suggest this and got ran out of town :frowning:

British-Commonwealth should 100% have the Vickers gun. It was very widely used and would be fun too.

Now as far as Im concerned its a heavy machine gun (as opposed a light machine gun) since its fixed, heavy as hell, and is not fired on the move (compared to an M24/29 or Bren gun for example).

I do understand HMG in Enlisted often means .50 cal rounds that can pen some early tanks.

Perhaps DF could allow rank I engineers to build MG nest (while engineers in an MG squad can build HMG). The MG nest would have a wider range and use the Vickers. Americans could have either the existing M1919 or an M1917.
Germans could get MG34 (like already exist on some maps).