Gewehr 41

One thing I don’t understand is why do they offer the Gewehr 41 semi auto with a squad in the research tree which is BR level 3, and offer a Gewehr 41 (M) with squad that you can purchase, which is also BR level 3? It’s basically the same gun and it comes with a squad. Since the Germans have no BR 1 or 2 level semi auto, it would be kind of nice if one of these Gewehr 41’s would be offered as level 2 as it seems pointless to offer basically the same thing twice at the same level. The only way to get a semi auto rifle for the Germans in BR 1-2 is to buy the level 1 Beretta in the BP, which is the basically the same as the M1 carbine in performance. but you can only get 4.

Germans have the Armaguerra Mod.39 at BR 2. Its decent enough for its BR

4 Likes

I believe the g41 (m) have different animation compare to normal g41 but idk if it faster or the same tho

That is not semi auto though, is it?

it is. Its not too bad if you fully star it and some recoil perks.

2 Likes

One I believe shoots 350 per minute and the other 330.

I apparently missed that, I will have to give it a try.

There is one actually a tech tree BR2 Italian semi-auto rifle called the armaguerra and a very similar BP rifle called Scotti X.

As for Gewehr41(M) squad itself, the G41(M) is not weaker than the progression G41 or at least isn’t supposed to be (fix the reload already DF) and is a BR3 weapon even if the squad is at a disadvantage compared to more versatile tech tree squads. Premium bonus is supposed to compensate for that but honestly this weapon was just a grind skip method to get a semi-auto weapon quickly.

The best solution to appease everyone would be implementing Gewehr41(M) properly, its a special weapon that could be operated by bolt-action in case semi-auto isn’t viable so players should have the ability to change firing mode on it like with other guns.

1 Like

I was scepical about this one for quite some time, but I decided to give it a try and I would say It’s decent. If you are really good with bolt action I think it would be better to stick to it, but the armaguerra can put up some work otherwise. I only has six rounds, but you will likely down people in one shoot (if not outright kill them) as opposed to the low damaged M1 Carbine.

Also the only faction that does not have low BR semi-auto is actually the Soviet Union. Even the Japanese got their Type Hei at BR 2.

3 Likes

+the best one of them, Pavesi Gold Order.

But jeah G41 should be BR2 same with Garand and that SVT38

these BRs should focus on

BR1 Bolt Actions Meta
BR2 Semis Meta
BR3 SMGs Meta
BR4 Assault Rifles + MGs Meta
BR5 Vehicles and everything before just better.

But its

BR1 SMGs Meta
BR2 SMGs Meta
BR3 SMGs Meta
BR4 SMGs Meta
BR5 Assault Rifles + SMG Meta

1 Like

I forgot that Pavesi got moved from BR3 to BR2.

This will stay an issue as long as DF doesn’t limit the number of classes or weapons.

Nah, it’s better to nerf things into oblivion because muh freedom.

1 Like

jeah and AP Mines stop me too from having freedom, nerf it… and nerf me.