German Great Coats

i was in the army myself, every of my male ancestors were in armies of different nations too. neither did i or any of them ever experience soldiers running around like clowns and not using the basic, simple clothing guidelines. and the german army of ww2 was much more disciplined than what i had. speculating that soldiers just run around like rappers through the hood and only get proper for pictures proves people here dont have any real life military experience.

edit: if the game wants to use the excuse “but they are straight from stalingrad and suffered hard times” then the game needs to convincingly depict that too! dirty/damaged uniforms with bandaged/bloodied soldier models. instead the game has perfectly polished and shiny uniforms like they were tailored for john wick 5 minutes ago and they still claim “b-b-but they spend 4 months in stalingrad”

4 Likes

I have also been in the military, and I know very well what discipline and order are, but I can assure you that in combat, under live fire, the manuals and directives help you to wipe your ass with them.

That said, I agree that “some more realism” should be added in that sense, but I think that Enlisted has other problems to solve right now.

the specific problem here is, that collars dont pop up themselves, especially not the heavy ones on german uniforms. its literally just an illogical choice in the first place and thats what annoys playsers, that problems were created that didnt have any reason to have been created.
working on basic optics like these is very cheap and easy to do and not done by DF anyway, its done by random contractors, some of them even upload their graphics work publicly, very nice to watch.

1 Like