Gaijin, make custom profiles/squads available for public matches already

Your only reason for barring this currently, is to prevent new players from gaining access to later game weapons. This point is overrided by the fact you can already spawn in any weapon / vehicle from any campaign level on the map thus giving new players access to them, and in gun game they have access to any gun,

Custom squad profiles would expand the immersion of custom mods by huge amounts. You could make a WW1 map that only features actual WW1 tech instead of guys with MG34s and ppshs. An accurate battle of france with french and early german weapons, accurate winter war with finnish weapons, so on so on, or just screw around and make anything you want with all the equipment at our disposal, all customizeable. It would make the modding scene blow up and give the potential for some very fun maps.

And you are not losing anything when new players already have access to these weapons in mods, just dont allow any sort of XP gain from these matches as you are doing.

1 Like

I prefer to use the squads I buy and upgrade myself, rather than the preset ones.

Also I think there should be experience gained in custom games.

1 Like

problem one experience in custom games heavily favor PC gamers
second allowing custom squads hurts monetization, yeah we hate the publishers but they still need to make money or games go into sleep mode with no new content or even die, as for unlocking everything would throw out the progression system, look we all want more content but how fast would people stop playing if they had everything unlocked from the beginning.

I prefer to use the squads I buy and upgrade myself, rather than the preset ones.

If squads arent relevant to the mod creator, there doesnt need to be custom profiles. But some mods absolutely deserve custom profiles, and there is countless mods that would never be made because they are simply lackluster without them.

Also I think there should be experience gained in custom games.

This can be very easily abused. The maps would have to go through some sort of verification process. Seems like a needless headache on gaijin’s part. But banning custom squad profiles is a needless limitation.

Seems like a needless headache on gaijin’s part
*For now that is, while community contribution is relatively small.