For the love of God please reduce the XP level-up cap for certain squads

Certain squads are impossibly difficult to level up, while others are laughably easy. I don’t know what the situation is like on other nations, given that I’m almost exclusively grinding USSR, but certain squads have an incredibly high XP requirements for leveling up. Example:

212 Pioneer Regiment is the Engineer II squad unlocked after researching the SVT-38. Requires 10070XP to get lvl 2.

49th Infantry Regiment is the Anti Tank II squad unlocked after researching the Panzerfaust 60. A staggering 18780XP required to reach lvl 2.

This is, in my opinion, just ridiculous.

Now, some may say “Well of course they require crazy amounts of XP to level up, it’s a F2P game and they want you to buy that premium to reduce the grind.” But honestly I can’t imagine myself grinding these squads out even if I had premium, which I was planning on buying after getting back into the game post-merge. Playing these squads would not only take extreme amounts of time to level up, but would also make me a detriment to my own team, reducing the fun both for myself and other players.

Here’s the thing, I really doubt these figures are intentional. Someone either fat-fingered and extra 0 at the end of these numbers, or they are left-over XP caps from before the merge. Most likely the latter. Here’s the kicker:

566th Infantry Regiment is the Machine Gunner II squad unlocked after researching the DP-27, that I’ve been struggling to level up for ages, requiring 12600 XP to get to level 10.

Meanwhile;

909th Infantry Regiment is the MACHINE GUNNER III squad unlocked ater researching the DT-29, that I’ve been cruising through easily because of its ridiculously low XP cap, requiring only 3310 XP to get to level 29. This squad is TOO EASY to level up. I sometimes get 3 level-ups on this squad even when I don’t perform that well with it.

The point of this post is to say that the Squad XP system need a serious rebalance after the merge. I’m definitely not saying that every squad needs to have an extremely low XP cap and that they all need to be Max Lvl afrer a single game. I’m all for having an Engineer II squad take more amounts XP to level up than the Engineer I squad, it would make sense after all. But that difference should be 2X or 3X, not 10X like it is now.

TL;DR: Too much xp for squad lvl up. Pls fix Darkflow/Gaijin.

P.S: This is my first time posting on the forum. If I made any mistakes I apologize.

9 Likes

I know nothing about xp requirements, I just play and shoot bad enemies, but I heard new squads (from the tree) require less XP than legacy squads (before the merge)?

@Adamnpee was it you who mentioned that or not I don’t recall

That’s dumb. Make them as high as they’re supposed to be

Good idea, it is a pain even for levelling up tank squads such as the op jumbo and cool 76 Sherman

Yes, you can level up squads which were added post merge significantly faster.
I believe it’s some kind of unintentional error/bug.

Weird your higher squad takes less than your lower squad. Should be the other way around
And honestly, yeah the old III grind was absolutely insane. Still got through most of it eventually though. Lol. Just had some vehicle squads and a sniper squad left in Normandy I believe. But yeah, lot of XP just to level up a squad once. What used to be sometimes multiple level ups in one game turned into one level up over the course of 5 or more games

1 Like

That is unfortunate

Is there a way to know which were added post merge?

As many others, I have hundreds of squads

You can try:

1 Like

Just use riffle grenade to xp very easely

Only if you manage to find gaggles. I just shoot em at anyone I see whether it’s 1 target or a whole squad. Love getting long shots with that thing

I mostly play BR2 so I can’t use grenade rifles

1 Like

i think a problem with the higher level AT squads is they have no weapon upgrades to get, so all their levels are condensed into 2/3rds as many as other squads
or something lol

Ok I just got on the quest to get highest tier soldiers unlocked and yes wtf

German MG III squad requires an insane 11, 370 XP to level 1

While Soviet MG III squad I just leveled to 2 in one match and now for level 3 it requires 900 XP (I think it was like 600 for level 1?)

I think the Soviet one is bugged because e.g. Japanese also requires a lot

But don’t tell DF

Do you know exactly where the new “fast” squads are shown?

I just see a full list of squads

1 Like

Nah that’s actually insane. Seems the soviets are the only ones that got “lucky” with this particular squad

Japanese tier 4 assaulters and Last Plane squad also like this and US assaulter 4, too so there is no soviet bias if you mean that

1 Like