For Better Enlisted -- Tech-Tree System Suggestion (1)

More are leaving than Joining Enlisted.

Enlisted is a pretty good game considering it’s in Beta testing stage. but there are some critical issues here, Which make more users leave Enlisted than numbers Joining.

One of those problems, Issue is the current Campaign system.

Current Campaign System Issue

Current Campaign Research system is Divided Separately by each Campaign and Each faction.
So, there is total of 12 Factions in-game now. users need to Grind it all back from bottom to start another campaign.

For Example, Currently there are 5 German Factions in-game now. Moscow, Normandy, Berlin, Tunisia and Stalingrad are it. It means, You need to grind all back from bottom to research Very Familiar , MP 40, MG 34 and more. These System makes users get Tired easily, and even to Leave the game. Current Campaign system needs to be Changed, Improved.

Tech-Tree System Suggestion

So I Suggest a Tech-Tree system to solve this Issue.

Currently, Campaign System handles both your Squad unlocks and Weapon/Vehicle unlocks. This System has some critical problems, like:

1. Every Each Campaign Is Independent, and To be Researched from Scratch.

As I mentioned Before, You need to Grind EVERY campaign from Scratch, Grinding Familiar Weapons all again. It makes the Game very Exhausting, which is the main issue.

2. It is difficult to insert new weapons between the existing campaign Levels.

It’s hard to put new weapons between campaign levels that already exist. These problems lead to ridiculous situations, such as poorer weapons coming at higher levels.

Those are a few of them, Current system has more Problems/ Issues to be Solved.

So I’m Suggesting separating the Weapon/Vehicles Research part from the Campaigns system To the New Tech-tree system.

Tech Tree System?

Tech Tree System that I’m suggesting would be more flexible than the current system. Current 12 Factions are Reduced by 4: Soviets, German-Axis, US-Allies, Japan-Axis.

Here is a few Examples:

US-Allies

German-Axis

Soviets

Japan-Axis

Those are the Tech-Tree examples for each Faction, distinguished by the Timeline.

• Early War Stage - Tier is From Pre-War to 1942, which includes the Battle for Moscow.
  • Mid War Stage - is From 1942 to 1943, Which includes Battle for Tunisia and Stalingrad.
  • End War Stage - is from 1944 to 1945, Which Includes Battle for Berlin and Normandy.

Since the Pacific is announced to cover all the Pacific Fronts, It would no matter that much for it.

and for Automatic Rifles/Weapons for Balance, They could be Restricted until researching X Numbers of Rifles and etc.

Vehicles tech-Tree would be discussed further in other articles later.

Weapon Customization

also As you can notice in the Example image, There is no Variation of Weapons like “with Grenade Launcher” or “with XX Magazine”, except for the Scoped Variants. I am also planning to suggest the Weapon Customization system.

These Suggestions for Weapon Customization will be discussed further in other posts later.

Current system needs Total Improvement

As I mentioned above, Current Campaign system is making more Issues and Problems as the game and campaign number grows Larger. These system needs to be touched and Changed to solve this.

42 Likes

That’s a good idea, the devs did a system-changing patch in one of their neighbours, CRSED: F.O.A.D. There is nothing impossible to enlisted.

7 Likes

This is good suggestion.
More new campaigns = Reduced Lifespan of Enlisted

Enlisted is currently in open ‘beta’. This is only chance to change this system.

Pacific is must be last campaign.
we need to turn the campaign system into a tech tree system.
The campaign system is not suitable for f2p games.

7 Likes

If they make this suggested change, there’s no reason why they couldn’t add more campaigns, but without it 6 is the limit, if not more than is sustainable

2 Likes

Darkflow seems to be the kind of company that does sweeping changes to the core part of the game seemingly randomly so I wouldn’t rule this one out either.

2 Likes

Yes, it is. However, money and work in hands are limited. If they keep releasing new campaigns, we won’t be able to expect any changes about system.

Because I think the change to techtree is going to be a very big change.

1 Like

I mean they do overhaul, improve, and add new stuff little by little over time even as they release big content drops. For example, the graphics for tanks, explosions, fire, etc released with the Pacific

Yes, but there are too many important things to improve. Server issues, system issues, balance issues, etc.
These have been delayed for a long time.
Of course, the developer’s development ability is very impressive. But sometimes they don’t seem to grasp what’s important.

Pretty slick i guess?

I could be interested in a general system overhaul, but I will say that I really like the core campaign system, but I like the recent changes they seem to be going with the Pacific as a start

They decided to have the Pacific campaign cover the entire war from early to late, that way if players wanted some Pacific action they don’t have to choose between 5 different Pacific campaigns. I understand why they did this with the Pacific.

Some future campaigns I imagine we’ll get and would love to see are Market Garden, Sicily+Italy, Battle of the Bulge, Siegfried Line (or push for the Rhine, Hurtgen Forest, Aachen, etc).

For the Eastern Front, maybe Leningrad, Caucasus, Late Soviet offensives, Kurks, Barbarossa, I’m sure there’s lots of other battles/ operations I can’t think of

Not even to mention future content we’ll be getting for the current existing campaigns eventually

i like the weapon customization and have different magazines as long there are advantages / disadvantages.

for example, removing a bipod on the B.A.R will make it lighter, and less " heavy " in the sway of the weapon. although will lose the accuracy bonus when deployed.

other examples would be, being able to change the MG34 sight with the AA one where some of the pre-war mg34 had.
( being allowed to change them. same goes for the ability between the thompson’s sights, as per total, there were 3 different sights type )

( or for example, being able to attach detach bayonettes with relatives advantages and disadvantages )

change scope cross ( as there were of different types ) and all that type of stuff.

but i do not like the changes to the tech tree nor unify campaigns.

reason being, me having unlocked a few stuff in berlin and almost everything ( except new airplane ) in normandy, but nothing in moscow & tunisia, how will that work?

what will i get to play?

last but not least, as immersion is getting far and far, i do not like to end up like WT being an arcady mess with italians weapons/forces in moscow where there were none.

( or panthers in tunisia… .)

Those are the Tech-Tree examples for each Faction, distinguished by the Timeline.

Early War Stage - Tier is From Pre-War to 1942, which includes the Battle for Moscow.
Mid War Stage - is From 1942 to 1943, Which includes Battle for Tunisia and Stalingrad.
End War Stage - is from 1944 to 1945, Which Includes Battle for Berlin and Normandy.

so… force people to start from moscow up to berlin just to get stgs and stuff?

no thanks.

campaigns have different gameplay between each other. you can’t really unify them and expect them to work.

2 Likes

MkB should not be a part of Moscow, did not exist during that time. I believe more campaigns should be added with this system you suggest, however each campaign has it’s own weapons that are allowed to be there, so things like the MkB (which existed months after the end of that battle) aren’t there, and all historically present, and plausible weapons are there.

Can you say the same about the new campaigns that will keep popping up in the future?

For example, if we have a total of 10 campaigns, we will have 10 separate campaign matches. With the exception of 2-3 of the most popular campaigns, the rest of the campaigns will have no people at all.

If we change to tech tree and allies vs axis matching, we can shorten it to at least 3-4 kinds of matching. Even if new weapons and new maps come out.

The campaign system is a very terrible plan in the long run.
When darkflow planned this game as a b2p game, the campaign system would have been a good fit. But now that it has changed to f2p, it doesn’t suit the game.

that’s kinda the point.

if people want to play a specific campaign, they go there instead of having to make double the grind just to get what they want.

i failed to see how is an improvement over the fun factor for someone that wants to play berlin / pacific and has to go through moscow, stalingrad, tunisia, normandy ( any campaign in between that will come in the future ) and then berlin / pacific.

but then would be your averange free to play of any kind.

that’s not what many people came here for.

it’s not like you restart from 0 ( i mean, 70 % you kinda do, but you can transfer weapons if needed ).

which, now that i think about it, enlisted is based on grinding. so, if you will not grind it here ( in the current way with campaigns on each and individual campaign), you will have to grind it in the tech trees as it will be pretty much like WT ( maybe 4 campaigns levels or more combined just for one of the tech tree… with fewer rewards… ). good luck unlocking latter gear for one faction. maybe in two years you’ll be able to reach it with the insane of grind that they will put in between one level and another.

for how much terrible it can be, it takes you “only” 5 months to complete one campaign without considering premium or boosters.

how much will it take for you with a tech tree?
i can tell you much more than 5 months.

and i don’t really know how beneficial it will be if we have also to throw the matchmaking factor.

we didn’t even managed to get one singular for campaign, and somehow you want them to do it for 6 campaigns all together.

it would simply be a different game that we will never know for it’s good and awefull points.

Congratulations, you’ve just put more effort into a single message than these developers put into the entire game. Incidentally, you’ve also just wasted your time… I’m sure you’ve seen similar threads pop up regularly since alpha and I’m sure you’ve seen what happens next. Nothing.

2 Likes

I feel like the earlier divisions in campaigns were too granular.

For instance, instead of having Moscow and Berlin separate, it could have just been everything that happened on USSR soil. Instead of splitting Normandy and Market Garden, have a campaign that focuses on conflict on French soil. Same for German soil, maybe Polish, Italian, North Africa, etc. Split the Pacific into two, Manchuria and Island hopping.

Then, after all that, have a tech tree for each nation in the game. Limit each theater by faction and equipment early/late for mm.

Not really, they could start up from Battle of normandy or berlin, but early war weapons. (Like MG34, G41 or MP40).

It is just a restriction, just to make you can’t go Moscow with panzerfaust and VG stuffs.

1 Like

That’s why I made it a separate Techtree of other Axis/Annexed weapons. Since people mostly starts from German-Weapons to research, those Axis-Italian-Annexed Weapons would see less use. and Also, There already is Beretta 1918 and MAB 38 at Moscow.

That could be stayed by making Era Segmentation, which could make Each Campaign more… “distinguishable”.

1 Like

Good suggestion to this game

I suggest to just remove the level tech tree like what they did in CRSED. which will save the game.

3 Likes

The Techtree system is good for adding new weapons as well as reducing repetitive work Breakthrough systems to be introduced when this game is beta

3 Likes