Fix the m1 and especially m1a1 sights

(skip to 9:17)

The M1A1 Carbine’s sights should not take up the entire screen when aiming downsight. With the merge coming up, it is even more critical that everything is polished and cleaned up before the big day @Keofox.

I will continue to post about this each day as a reminder so that Darkflow does not forget about it because they still have much work to do.

7 Likes

M2 while we’re at it

4 Likes

There might be a good reason why it is like it is. If you lower the ring, so’s that more of the sight fills the view through the hole it would be more difficult to lock onto your target from a gaming prospective.

2 Likes

That is the complete opposite of how it works. The smaller the ring, the easier it is to aim at the target, and allows you to see other targets as well. You do play with the M1A1 in Enlisted, right?

Right now both the Carbines and most Thompsons are such a pain to use just cause their irons take up over 80% of your field of view. Fixing these two guns would do wonders for a lot of us

3 Likes

Yes I do, and I also like the Ross bolt action rifle due to the fact that it has a large ring around the sight that I can lock onto my targets much easier. It just works better for me that way :smiley:

1 Like

buff rpm of them as well

4 Likes

Yes, and I agree. But the difference between the Ross rifle sights and M1A1 sights is that the ring is at the end of the rifle, not the front. So the huge ring in the front evens out due to its distance from the shooter’s eye. If there was a massive eye ring right in front of your eye that would never allow you to focus on your eye.

Here is a video by the USAMU going through correctly lined-up sights (skip to 7:12)

1 Like

The real RPM was around 400 I believe, you could outshoot a grease gun with ease.

1 Like