Finnish Campaign Thread

This wold be perfect addon for special troop for finnish army
KP-31 Suomi SMG underbarrel M/44 Liekinheitin(Flamethrower)

3 Likes

EDIT: Answered in the main post

Some units as examples:

• Jalkaväkirykmentti 48 (JR 48) (Infantry Regiment)part of the 18th Division. Formed in 1941, and fought in the Continuation war in battles such as the Battle of Tali-Ihantala (Jalkaväkirykmentti 48 (jatkosota) – Wikipedia)

• Lentolaivue 24 (LeLv 24) Formed in 1934 this Fighter Squadron fought in the Winter War, Continuation War and Lapland War and it used all of the major fighters of Finland, such as the Fokker D.XXI and Brewster F2A and Bf 109. It also was the squadron where most of the Finnish aces served in (No - Wikipedia.24_Squadron(Finland) / Lentolaivue 24 – Wikipedia)

• Jalkaväkirykmentti 8 (JR 8) (Infantry regiment)part of the 11th and 7th Divisions, this unit became famous for being the unit in which the Finnish war novel “Unknown Soldier” is set in (Jalkaväkirykmentti 8 (jatkosota) – Wikipedia)

• I and II Panssaripataljoona (Armoured Battalion) and Rynnäkkötykkipataljoona, part of the Panssariprikaati (Armoured brigade) which was the core of the Panssaridivisioona (Armoured Division)

• For more divisions: List of Finnish divisions in the Continuation War - Wikipedia

6 Likes

This campaign would really be something to look forward to. We need even more upvotes!

3 Likes

I will add this to my photo collection

Joo tää pitää lisätä

Great idea, though for simplicity when it comes to weapons and such it could just stick to the winter war.

Then it wouldn’t offer anything new outside of a handful of guns

It would offer a different campaign, one with less spraying as well, which would be a good thing.

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t think many people are going to be interested in a campaign where its Kar98s vs Mosins for 90% of the campaign

The same people who are interested in Call of Duty perhaps.

1 Like