Farm bot again

Where players? :skull:

I think dev need to fix this before installing it on Steam.
Why not randomize the faction?,I think it can help fix this problem.

I hope game doesn’t die…

2 Likes

25% farm bot is healthy, helps to decompress from highly competitive games

4 Likes

A steam port is exactly meant to combat this issue. Large influx of new players → less wait time, less bots (well, for low BRs at least)

1 Like

1 Like

Not all players have the willingness or equipment and soldiers to play every nation.

2 Likes

One would think the merge failure would disabuse the devmans from this idiotic notion?
Why would steam release not end up exactly like the merge, with majority of people either ending up quitting or ending up abandoning the unpopular factions to stack and play PvE?
On EU, in what should be peak player hours you once again often literally seem to get 0v10 matches

2 Likes

Most of the people that quit because of the merge were veteran players. People who grinded through all the campaigns and factions, suddenly found themselves having to manage hundreds of squads and thousands of pieces equipment. This was a major oversight by the devs, as the merge was largely catered to newer players, and these players naturally quit for this reason. As for players sticking to one faction over the other, one can only hope the devs would implement some sort of incentives for playing these underpopulated factions ahem japan* ahem*.

But to be honest, and this will probably be an unpopular opinion, the whole initial concept of this game was never going to work out. Having campaigns and factions that fragment the playerbase from the get-go is a goofy idea unless you already had a pool of 100s of thousands of players actively playing the game. For this game to survive and thrive I think the devs will have to implement more and more War Thunder-esque mechanics/ gamemodes. Like having Russians and Germans fighting together against the Japanese in Tunisia or something. This will definitelty eliminate any bot-filled matches but will obviously destroy any historical accuracy that the game likes to pride itself on. As for historical accuracy and it’s importance for this game, well that’s a whole other can of worms that would require a thread of its own and I’ve already rambled on long enough

First few weeks after the merge were amazing to me. Once again you had actual nailbiting games, there was a FUCKTON of action happening, people wete trading vehicles back and forth, there was mayhem on the ground. Literally had some games that came down to both times having no tickets left, with the game still going for a few minutes, as literally EVERYONE in the game fought over the last cap zone, resetting the timeout back and forth.
Then, gradually, population started to fall off and stacking came back, by now, some factions on EU seem basically only comprised of bots and people utterly new.
Without introducing some carrots/sticks to get people to evenly distribute themselves in the queues, steam release will be almost exactly the same.
Massive surge of player pop, initially massive enough to populate all sides, until it gradually ends up with some factions basically a ghost town.
And its a self-reinforcing spiral: faction starts doing badly → people leave → faction does even worse → more people leave. Eventually only random masochists and brand new playes who start with play all enabled end in it (until new players realise play all == masochism and turn it off)

weird cause i always get full matches with US BR5, axis BR5 and soviets BR2… havent noticed one match where my or enemy team had even 50% bots at start of the game.

1 Like

Same, I don’t think the issue is as prevalent as people claim

1 Like

Yeah, they’re definitely not bots. They’re mostly just casuals.
Skill disparity between factions is extremely prevalent. And I assume its main source is sheningans with tickets/capture speed.

1 Like

if you are talking about OP, then there are 8 bots there. btw one human player is worse than 2 bots and performs similarly to most other bots…

No, I was mainly reacting to this.

1 Like

6PM, two are BRAND new, most of the rest basically brand new with no weapons to speak of. Game was queued into a stack of BR3 dipshits. Hell, the team was so ineffective a single Daimler just caused chaos for like 5 minutes, as I didn’t want to waste time chasing it around and (wrongly) assumed someone will be able to do something about a BR0 vehicle

It was 2nd match of the day btw, and I’m already kinda tilted

1 Like

you know what is funny… there is absolutely 0 bots in this game. 22 human players.

btw did you know that MM adds players even after game starts?

yeah I know MM adds people after the game starts. In that pic you can also see people immediately ragequit because they got put on a match already in progress too.
And it’s not just about bots - half the time I’d rather have bots who at least now can build rally points and push the capzones than brand new players with 2 squads, one of which is 3 man sniper squad.
From the outside it doesn’t actually matter if its a human player so underequipped and new they are completely ineffective or a bot being bad
The game just feels like PvE or 1v19, depending on which side you pick

EDIT: It was also just to show that german pop is just screwed, even at what should be peak