Drop a weapon

Are you aware of this feature?
It is not key bound by default, but it allows you to drop the weapon you are holding to the ground.
I love this. You can reduce stamina consumption a bit by placing a bazooka or anti-tank rifle on the ground after you’ve shot off a round.
Or when you want to swap slots between secondary and primary weapons, although there is not much point in doing it.
Or when you want to swap weapons with other members of your squad.

2 Likes

Its kinda strange how many binds that are in the game that either arent binded or are in an odd spot.

I tend to just use the “pickup and replace bind” since if I have an empty slot it goes there otherwise it just swaps with whatever I have out.

That way I only have to mess with one bind

1 Like

Many people will not use the weapon drop feature, hence it is not key bound. But those who want to use it are prepared to use it. I am glad that the developers are paying attention to that kind of detail, so I don’t find many of the unbound features odd.
As I mentioned in the op, if I don’t see a resupply of ammo for my bazooka gun, I’m willing to leave it in its place and lighten up a bit. That it fulfills those little desires makes me happy.

The game has many problems with bugs and game balance, but it is also a lovely game with shiny little gems scattered throughout.

1 Like

I realized this was a thing when a guy dropped his mp 717r for me to try out.

1 Like

What a kind individual.

2 Likes

I wish the gun would be thrown forward when I drop it. Then it would be far easier to tell if someone dropped something.