Do mapmakers on the development team care?

It is possible to make new buildings but sadly we cannot edit the current ones that much.

For the railway station you should try to use workshop_brick rendinsts to make the walls.

1 Like

So you are just creating non existing problem.

Does it save if I go to another scene?

You can create prefab and paste it into any map you want

1 Like

:neutral_face:
huh

You can also create game_rendinst entity and search workshop_brick to get all the different walls

1 Like

I needed this the most; thank you.

This game doesn’t promise battlefield that are exactly the same as real life.
Yes there is Berlin and Stalingrad that have much resemblance, but there is also Tunisia, Normandy, Moscow that have little resemblance.

There are multiple wall types and you can scale them as much as you want

1 Like

If any of you have talked to Tommy you know we can technically do what we want in this game it’s just unfortunately DF sacrifice map quality for scenery and unnecessary props and special effects.

2 Likes

When you hear the Battle of Guadalcanal, what comes to mind?
The Battle of the Ilu River…
Marines walking through the jungle…
U.S. Army breaking through a hilly area with Japanese machine gun positions…
Battle of Henderson Base…
However, there are no such scenes on Guadalcanal Island in the game.
In the first place, the game’s Guadalcanal Island has been reduced to about 1/10 of the actual scale, and the terrain has changed, so it is not possible to reproduce the Battle of the Ilu River.
It is not necessary to reproduce the real terrain with even a 1mm difference, but I would like the terrain of the places where historical battles took place to be reproduced the same as reality.
By naming the map “Guadalcanal”, the developer should be able to explain “what is Guadalcanal-like?'” But I doubt they can explain it.
What elements in the game make you feel like Guadalcanal?
It’s just that it’s an island with beaches, ocean, and trees. Whether it’s Midway Islands or Wake Island, the impression you get is probably the same. In my opinion, there is nothing like Guadalcanal.
The same goes for New Georgia.
It seems like the developers aren’t all that interested in the Pacific.

2 Likes