Different Cromwell Versions for Enlisted

In reality gameplay wise there are only 4-5 different Cromwells. However I made it so that there will be 2 versions with a 6 pounder gun but one would have the 6 Pounder APDS whilst the other would not for balance purposes. That being said there were 2 different 6 pounder guns. The L/43 and L/50 version. I’ve seen pictures of both being used on both the Cromwell I and Cromwell III. Since L/43 was the most common it makes sense to have it on the most common 6 pounder Cromwell which is the Mk I and to make Cromwell III more different, it would have the L/50.

Cromwell I
6 Pounder Mk. III L/43 Main Gun (No APDS)
63.5mm + 12.7mm Hull Armour

Cromwell III
Introduction:
6 Pounder Mk. V L/50 Main Gun (Gets APDS)
IMG_8066
[Picture is of Centaur Mk I, Cromwell III is identical to this tank, just different and better engine, notice the L/50 version of the gun]

Cromwell IV
75mm QF Mk. V L/40 Main Gun
IMG_8046

Cromwell VII
75mm QF Mk. V L/40 Main Gun
88.9mm + 12.7mm Hull Armour

Cromwell VIII
95mm QF L/19 Main Gun
88.9mm + 12.7mm Hull Armour
IMG_8049

:::

Secondary 12.7mm spaced armour behind the main armour, hull front

6 Pounder Mk. III L/43
APCBC: 118mm @ 0m
HE: ???g TNT equivalent

6 Pounder Mk. V L/50
APCBC: 127mm @ 0m
APDS: 188mm @ 0m
HE: ???g TNT equivalent

75mm OQF Mk. V L/40
AP: 106mm @ 0m
HE: 666g TNT equivalent

95mm QF L/19
HEAT: 127mm @ N/A (5.6kg TNT equivalent)
HE: ???g of TNT equivalent
HESH: I think however it only came post war

UK
BR I
Tetrarch
A13 Mk I, II

BR II
Crusader II
Valentine III
Matilda II

BR III*
Crusader III
Cromwell I, III, IV, VII, VIII
Churchill III , IV , V

BR IV
Churchill VII , IX, X
A34 Comet
Sherman Firefly

BR V
Black Prince
Centurion I

16 Likes

I like cromwells

3 Likes

Commonwealth demands separated army from the United States…

1 Like

where did 2 4 6 go
you can have Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, India for the Commonwealth but the allied faction is keeping England, Scotland and Wales

Cromwell II didn’t go into production, it had cast turret armour similar to Churchill and they also tested appliqué armour on it which would then be incorporated for VII and VIII versions.

Cromwell V is just the IV but built to specification but identical gameplay wise

Cromwell VI is just VIII but with the usual 76.2mm hull armour instead of the 101.6mm hull armour.

1 Like

Are you sure you want to go to battle with a BR3 lineup armed with Lee Enfields and no semiautos?