Developer’s Q&A - June

probably not by the way there doing the lf mode now

they are planning for the matchmaking for high leveled players

— Is my campaign level or skill affecting the opponents I fight against in battle?

Not for now. All players will be matched into the same battles because we are balancing weapons and vehicles in the game so that even the most upgraded tank can be destroyed by the same explosive pack, and one lucky bullet will kill a 5 star soldier all the same. However, we have plans to implement matchmaking based on the campaign levels. It will work as follows: the matchmaker will try to find enough high-level players to gather them into one battle - but if it fails to in a certain amount of time, the level “fork” will expand up to the current state - all players against all players.

Thus, it will be possible to play with experienced players, if there are enough of them, without greatly affecting the waiting time in the queue.

2 Likes

Q and A where people answering the question pick the question is such a joke .

I’m realy disapointed, 0 risk , no real transparency.

2 Likes

In regards to New Matchmaking based on Campaign Levels. Please don’t.

It will only punish people who spent / play the game alot heavily. Other games I had to wait up to 10 minutes, at that point I just uninstall the game, IE Heroes and Generals. For Normal Matches its best to keep it Random to splice things up, instead of forcing it competitively.

Only very very few people would have reach max level. and the Playerbase is already very low, there’s no need to split it, would only make more people leave the game in my opinion

For Matchmaking, a separate queue for Ranking with Rewards would be good in the future, but please don’t add it for Normal Matches. Its fun to see Stuart with Jumbo pairing from time to time, not Jumbo users all the time.

It clearly says in this post that the game wil “try” to create a game with high campaign level people. But if it doesn’t succeed in acceptable time it will just throw everyone into one match, just like it is now.

Very disappointed that the question of historical accuracy so glibly brushed off.

5 Likes

Other games also has this. IE For Honor, Heroes and Generals, it takes like forever, i had to quit as i can only play short bursts sometime, not a waiting simulator. Most games that i seen that has this system is a fail. Basically you wait 5 minutes where it tries to fill high level players, then another 5 to find random levels. Its just too long

I rather play against Bots in that case with a couple of players, I don’t mind bots as much as others, i rather prefer faster matchmaking

I think they totally get to deserve balancing making money with speeding things up as a business. BUT, I agree that it becomes very difficult to play other campaigns or even factions after you get to a certain point. Just don’t want to start all over again.

1 Like

Well, we’ll see how it will play out.

Overall I agree with you here. But we can’t fully judge the mechanic until we see it in action.

“glibly brushed off” What? You do realize that all of these games are tremendously fake right? They aren’t sims. I mean if you want historical accuracy USA would have 20 planes for every German one and 10 tanks for every German one. They would also have way more available artillery. Significantly more ammunition. Naval Gunfire support. I could go on. Complaining about Historical Accuracy is silly. They aren’t throwing in M16s or F-86s. Relax bro.

1 Like

So? It was possible. I mean. If we want historical accuracy, the Germans would have basically no air support and one tank for every 10 allied ones. You want that?

Historically accurate doesn’t mean 100% WW2 simulation.

There are ways to keep things historically accurate without going into drastic measures like 20 US planes for 1 German, especially when the game advertises itself with sentences like this:
2021-06-08 19_41_46-Enlisted i jeszcze 2 strony — Osobisty — Microsoft​ Edge
Noone here ever called for making Enlisted a simulator. But rather keeping things as accurate as possible, while keeping gameplay fun with some (that’s important) slight simplifications.

But problems like every Wehrmacht soldier running with FG42 for no reason or time traveling weapons that are justified by devs as “tools for good balance” (but they are the causes of destroying said balance at the same time) are just not right in the eyes of people who came here encouraged by the promise of accuracy.

4 Likes

Allow us to queue multiple Campaigns and factions at the same time please.

QueueAs

1 Like

I believe what ppl want is to see the machines and equipment used in the battle, not the odds and quantities. I don’t think accurate performance is that important which can be used as balancing tools, its just the correct models…

In short its about looking historical not being historical, if that make sense?

no - accurate performance IS important to me at least - otherwise I might as well go play Warhammer 40K!

1 Like

??

from this I take it that the Jumbo is “justified” at Normandy because it had been built by then - “created during Operation Overlord” - so what - we can expect Centurion, Black Prince and T30 heavy tanks for 1945 western allies in Germany, IS-3 and Maus in Berlin because they had been “created” by the time of those battles??

Actually IS-4 at Berlin would be nice…

This is awful justification IMO -very disappointing :frowning: :-1:

8 Likes

Have you played War Thunder? you may like it more.

Can’t tell if silly, sarcasm, or just ignorant?

But FYI…I have about 31,500 games of WT - you can look up my profile on the WT forum.

I am a proponent of historical match making there too… to no avail of course.

moved