Decals, numbers and Inscriptions on Tanks and Aircraft

Soviets definitely didn’t slow down to get the soldiers off the tank when engaging, through. So maybe not on purpose, it definitely did not bother them much.

Which is what I mainly was getting at. This is a case of “while it wasn’t in the manuals, it did happen”

Soldiers could jump from the tank and go by foot when they wanted, I watched some ww2 videos and movies where they jumped from the tank with SMG’s to take out soldiers hiding in houses, bunkers…etc

Even if soviet army was very strict they had good military strategists and most myths about them were actually made up during the cold war era

1 Like

I guess we have a long way to debunking of myths. So there is no evidence of using soldiers like an armour.

1 Like

As for main purpose of the thread, I´m all for that idea of decorating vehicles,… excluding flags. Reason for that is, that as long as this game remains censored, flags will only result into graphical atrocities like Berlin playtest flags so there is no need for that. When, or if censorship will be lifted (at more aspects than NKVD for example) flags might be parts of decorations too… decently.

1 Like

Sir, answer the question. If the Soviets used the infantry as human attachment armor:

1. Why didn’t they tie the corpses of the Germans to the armor?
  2. Why weren’t corpses tied to the armor at all?
  3. Why didn’t the photos survive? (German, American, Soviet)
1 Like

Oh I didn’t really mind the censored Berlin flags, that’s probably just me tho. I personally wouldn’t mind being able to put flags (censored or not) on my tanks

Dude its a meme, Yes it is a rude meme but still a meme,
here is my answer to that

Decals, numbers and Inscriptions on Tanks and Aircraft - #42

The NKVD consisted of all border guards and policemen. The NKVD was the nucleus for many divisions that met the Nazis near Moscow. So there is no reason to classify them as censored items. In total, military units of 58 divisions and 23 separate brigades of the NKVD troops participated in the battles with different duration.

The servicemen of the NKVD troops showed mass heroism and courageously defend

The soldiers of the 132nd separate battalion of the NKVD troops located in the Brest fortress fought to the last bullet. On the walls of the battalion barracks there is a well-known inscription: "I’m dying, but I’m not giving up. Goodbye, Motherland. 20.VII.41».

2 Likes

I wouldn´t mind them too IF

1. they were also intended to be used (trailer “of actual gameplay”… yes that is literal quote of trailer, shows uncensored burnt flags… which of course by no means promotes nazism and was okay and helped with overall feeling of the map).
  2. If censorship would at least be done decently instead of low effort crosses everywhere, that just made my eyes bleed.
  3. Preferably if flags would not be present at all since point 2. is sadly not what we saw.

That is possible, but it was also NKVD that infiltrated red army by byropathology, it was also NKVD that is responsible for many atrocities, among those against non combatants. History (especially in politics) consists of more events, than what propaganda posters tells. But my points are nowhere near political, that was just small correction of things.

While I am aware that the discussion has somewhat moved on, I would still like to make the point clear. Let’s be reminded of the original topic of this thread… and realize that personal disputes are completely unrelated. Please take these debates to PM or do not have them at all… here is simply not the place. It really does not matter “who started it” or who needs to “calm down,” it is irrelevant to this thread and in some cases rule breaking.

Please do not continue it any further.

5 Likes

I agree with both.
There were good and bad people serving the NKVD

I will stop now

3 Likes

It’s ok. I want only bring a little bit of practice and reality in converstion about “what if russians is sort of zerg swarm”.

Maybe DA RED WUNZ GO FASTA! decal we need

ROAD TO GULAG

Historical photo: Kursk. July 21, 1943. Photographer: Till Judenfrey. Russian tank T-34 (E) of the 8th Guards Order of Lenin Combined Arms Army (8-я гвардейская общевойсковая ордена Ленина армия) advances on the position of Armeegruppe Kleist (1. Panzerarmee). Recolor. BArch (Bundesarchiv). Bild 146-1975-014-31

4 Likes

lolololol :joy:
but please stop, moderator will remove my topic if we still keep posting things that have nothing to do with this game

Sorry, i stop now. But I want this decal in the game!

I see that some people don’t understand jokes.
Anyway I like the idea but it should be limited in some way to avoid turning vehicles into stickers collection.
I have a question: what about ammo customization?

Ps.
I’m gonna get banned but it’s worth it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I do not think you actually get to see any ammo ingame. Only a few bullets in your mag etc, but nothing you could really decorate.

Also some people can call historically correct sides names is axis and allies. In Eastern front it’s Soviet Union and Nazi Germany, RKKA(Red army)(soviets) and Wetmaht.
There is a quite good system of painting in War Thunder. My KV-1 have a mural “Vladimir Mayakovsky”. I like the way it realise in game. All vehicles imported so it very likely will be the same system.

2 Likes