Darkflow should be hiring

I keep having horrible visions of 4 Devs, just kept chained to a desk, with a hamster in a wheel behind them, yelling
More work, Go faster, more work, go faster

From recent updates, isnt it pretty obvious Gaijin has shifted resources away from this game?

2 Likes

What resources exactly? It seems Darkflow has been running on fumes, trying to prove itself.

Battlebit has everything Battlefield has(except AAA graphics) +:

Bleeding
Ammo and magazine count
Ragdoll that you can drag like in Squad/44
Massive map
128vs128(256 player mode)
Lot more polished
Worldwide servers
No microtransactions
Active Devs that care about player feedbacks and post changelogs, polls and suggestion frequently
15 dollar Indie game

I guess it is time to start watching Language Simp again.

when you make it like roblox development suddenly becomes much easier.

Is even funnier if you compare to Roblox like Phantom Forces

And of course if blocky graphic blind you that much, there is always Red Orchestra, Rising Storm, Squad/44, Hell Let Loose, Insurgency Sandstorm, Battlefield 2 Forgotten Hope 2, Battlefield 2 Project Reality… those are far more polished than Enlisted, and none of them had Gaijin Daddy wallet and Assets to backup their half baked game

lol… you are talking like gaijin invested hundreds of millions into enlisted and expect them to be AAA title. DF probably only got few millions from gaijin and that would be enough for ~two years of expenses for a small dev team

if anything DF got stiff end of the deal cause instead of using well developed engines for fps like unreal or unity, they had to use gaijins dagor.

most of them were made from mods of AAA titles and had more than a decade of development through various sequels.

they dont blind me. i am saying it is unfair comparison cause battlebit had 20x simpler development process than enlisted cause of various design choices.

No, I expect the game has functional bipod,correct uniform, not T posing tank crew, no Wonderwoman plane, no stretchy soldiers, functional AI, less floaty vehicles driving, bugfree lighting, correct hitbox, functional hit registration… actually why even bother since every update bring a new or old bug to the game, I didn’t know DF competition is Bethesda and Ubisoft

Morelikely they are lazy because using otger engine they can’t port assets from WT

Pretty sure Arma 2 is not AAA, BF2 server is dead so is pretty much maintained by private servers, CS 1.6 is still alive but is not AAA since Valve started small before Steam existance, and uhum, Cuisine Royale ring a bell?

The little you know those 3 guys started making game they wanted to play by getting ideas from mainstream FPS with their own budget, and gather support from players, you need to elaborate “20x simplier”, cuz vopy pasting from existing assets and rely 3rd party developers + Gaijin wallet doesn’t sound complex

history of arma goes back ~23 years. it was developed as successor of operation flashpoint. not to mention it probably had bigger dev team than DF and when it was made it didnt need to have so many options as current enlisted. not to mention it had enormous modding community.

half life was AAA game for that time and CS was mod for half life which they later bought. lots of assets were community developed including some of the most popular maps that are played today.

not going to comment it cause i dont know anything about it

more probable scenario is that gaijin contractually made them use dagor so they can widen dagor engine capability while at the same time funding promising project that may pay off. i think that over 99% of the devs if given a choice to develop FPS from scratch would choose unreal or unity over dagor. those assets could be easily imported into unreal if they had support from gaijin and there is much better documentation regarding those engines.

maybe educate yourself about game development and see what is so complicated about making realistic game vs roblox type of game. specially when you make that game in an engine that is not predicted for type of game you are making.

btw how do you even know they used 3rd party developers for assets?

Its interesting to see the little things they change stealth…

Go check out the idle animations when you equip a Pre-war k98 vs a stock. Pretty neat and some i hadnt seen before.

1 Like

That’s funny thing why I said you are blinded by roblox graphic, Battlebit Remastered started as budget milsim which lots of people has mixed feedback about it, the game was too realistic in terms of mechanics, and it got streamlined to current state that cater both side of the arcade and milsim playerbase to please pretty much most new and old school players

Yes I am pretty sure WT is not a AAA budget game with at least a decate of development

HLL and Squad doesn’t run on Arma Engine(Real Virtuality) or BF2 engine(Refractor) but Unreal Engine, despite based off Arma Milsim concept, start from scratch, is the Dagor engine sucks then that entirely DF fault, cuz Cuisine Royale(CRSED:F.O.A.D) use the same engine and launched 2 years before Enlisted seems to work for FPS games

Squad is based off Project Reality(BF2 overhaul), while they still take care of Squad 44(formerly Post Scriptum, developed by other Devs) and BF2FH2, 3 niche game for niche playerbase, their main project, their community project and a near death game, that’s some dedication for the budget they have

Option? Here is the difference between Arma and Enlisted, a game made by people who actually want to play their game and a game made by people who doesn’t even playtest their game, Enlisted has so many games to learn from, they double down to screw their playerbase for profit

So time and experience matter Hell Let Loose original devs Black Matter are from Australia, and yet their game is more polished than Enlisted before they sold the game to Team 17 publisher

Maybe DF is just that way?

that is why i said you dont understand video game development. do you know how much easier is to make roblox style map vs realistic map? characters? animations? ragdoll effects? other effects? physics? there is whole lot of things that is just much easier to program when your model is roblox character vs realistic character. then you have optimization cause you need to make those realistic models run on wide variety of computers and not just on newest top end computer.
btw if making realistic games was easy, battlebit developers would have made it that way.

WT is not FPS.

so decade experience and assets with mod before they started making game in engine that is actually made for fps. also they started with 200k $ kickstarter and put the game on steam some half year into development and it has sold 3 million copies by 2022 (that is ~100 million $ when you exclude steam cut). and they got cut from post scriptum. i wouldnt exactly call them poor.

that is advantage when you concentrate on core of the game, you are not plagued by your publisher to use engine not predicted for fps and have to use f2p model to actually make money so you are concentrated on adding new content and not on making core game.

i am not excusing DF for not concentrating on the core of the game (people have been warning them about this since 2 years ago if not more). that is absolutely their and gaijin problem.

I don’t see Enlisted anywhere realistic as you imagine, and yes I know, the Ragdoll, physics, effects, seriously every FPS/TPS games has those, Battlebit just make them use low poly blocky graphics instead of models with thousands of vertex and triangles, and no, Battlebit Devs choose the blocky graphics cuz they want the game as potato friendly as they can, and the game optimization is thousand times better than Enlisted, good graphics doesn’t makes the game good, specially when it doesn’t even work consistently

And Enlisted Assets comes from where do you think?

Dagor Engine works for FPS for god sakes, just look at CRED:F.O.A.D.

And 200k$ compared to Gaijin wallet is just pocket changes, consider dogahite like H&G want 2 millions for their sequel, and Kickstarter doesn’t really consider their money until they fully deliver what they promised, which they did and H&G2 didn’t

watch couple of tutorials about making realistic games and then tell me that they are easy to make. then watch couple of tutorials with pixel or blocky graphics. until you do we have absolutely nothing to talk about.

still not fps. also how much assets are actually from WT in %? i can see them using map and vehicle assets, but everything else more or less needs to be custom made cause WT assets were not made in mind for fps.

proceeds to show enlisted mod about proof how dagor “works” for fps… checking open bug reports for it… ~1000 open bug reports, while enlisted has ~1400. for context crsed foad is almost dead game and it never had enlisted popularity so bugs are probably vastly under reported.

cause gaijin totally spent hundreds of millions of $$$ on DF and enlisted. gaijin doesnt own DF (at least from what i know) and they didnt give unlimited credit to DF. i wouldnt be surprised that squad was better financed after their first year (kickstarter + steam greenlight) than DF was from gaijin.

also kickstarter delivers money when project is successfully funded (14 days after end date of campaign) and not on completion of project. ffs whole point of kickstarter is to get money in advance so you can make the product, not as sales point after you make the product.

still more realistic than roblox/battlebit.

maybe some evidence? cause from what i see on steam charts it didnt even come close to enlisted popularity even on peak time on first month.

lol

maybe learn how kickstarter actually works cause what you wrote is absolutely incorrect.

again learn what funding stage actually is. but here i will quote it from their site

How does it work?

Every project creator sets their project’s funding goal and deadline. If people like the project, they can pledge money to make it happen. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, all backers’ credit cards are charged when time expires. Funding on Kickstarter is all-or-nothing. If the project falls short of its funding goal, no one is charged.

If a project is successfully funded, Kickstarter applies a 5% fee to the funds collected.

squad got their money from start (kickstarter campaign) and started steam greenlight 8 months after.
enlisted basically had to be only on gaijin investment funds before CB even started. btw i dont know how much cuisine royale even earned cause it basically nosedived in player count since first month.

btw i havent heard of that game nor did my friends

The show is over, any want to fight, do it outside of here.

1 Like