D-Day North is the worst map setup in the game

Only the first and last caps are remotely defendable. The attacker overlooks the whole map and can easily+safely flank to place rallies right next to objectives. On top of that, half of the points are bunkers with the doors ONLY FACING THE ATTACKERS. Especially that third point where both the hole in the wall and the door are on the German side.

Played this map 4 times, lost 3 times as US and won the 1 time as Germans. Left it every other time cause it’s always a steamroll.

I’m sure the devs have statistics on this map. Curious what everyone else’s experience has been as well. I know US isn’t doing so hot but even with good players this map is just a pain in the ass.

6 Likes

D-Day map has always been problematic, the map is too small, the design left no place for flanking and building rallies and gameplay can be summed up is spam: spam of explosives, spam of paratroopers, spam of MGs, spam of rockets, spam of bombs, the list is long.

But I really love the German counter attack thing which is a really fresh perspective and Im yet to see it any other FPS video game, lowkey my favourite map in Normandy campaign.

5 Likes

that time the nazi manage to pull an extra army out of their asses to counter attack normandy XD

1 Like

STEINER WAS WITH THEM

Hans20having20a20snack

2 Likes

Why do the devs let COD make a D-Day map that is closer to the real life battlefield and plays better as well?

PoV: Rommel won the argument about troop placement and counterattacked in full force.

6 Likes

Totally agree with the third objective point, It being on a hill overtop the town through the middle. And then also huge mountains around the outskirts of the entire map, Make it a pain to get any type of advantage against the ops when they have control of that point. I have only ever played US in that map, So can’t really say how the outlook is for German. But seems like its would be a cakewalk for that side defending when it gets to that point.

Devs please make the attackers (even if german) come from the shore, it ruins the game so bad.

that would be plain dumb.
Why would Germans attack their own coastal defences? alt-historical Sealion campaign would make much more sense.

1 Like

For me, it’s Hurtgen Forest. As a defender, the spawns are way too far away to make any difference once the enemy is capping the point.

Totally agree, the U.S. is tough to play as already. Maps like these don’t help.

to be honest i enjoyed the map it is hard to defend as Germans – but as an Americans I did enjoy it in comparison to a few maps where good players can wipe you out simply because you can’t see them and they often paid for better equipment or squads the bunkers are easy targets for snipers and take out the gun n gunners and yes d day map is all up hill as well ideal for defenders to look down on forces moving up hill— its far better map then any of the pacific - but yes if the place rallys its difficult to stop them
the germans at least have mag posts the japs have nothing no defenses what so ever same as the Germans also have no defense posts with MG posts in the BERLIN map I’ve no idea why they left them out us can run across the Japanese in matter of 8mins n game over

Yeah. It surely feels a bit different. But again it gives me that nice Pointe du Hoc vibe from CoD 2 where you need to defend the beach head against the German counter-offensive. We are just missing the rain here in this instance.