Custom Main Menu (Guide)

Which video?

This

1 Like

Oh by hangar you meant main menu. Nevermind then.

2 Likes

Very early version, but it contains all main camera and menu settings.
testCustomBackground.zip (4.6 КБ)

You forgot about menu_aircraft_floating it’s water aircraft.
And isn’t menu_inspected_vehicle_pos uses instead menu_vehicle?
But maybe they’re same.

You need set some settings in menu_cam__. And disable menu_cam__shouldRotateTarget.

Have setting:

• menu_cam__offset - moves camera from object.

• menu_cam__limitYaw - camera limit yaw. I prefer unlimit (-180,180).

• menu_cam__limitPitch - camera limit pitch. For items and weapons I prefer unlimit.
    For some reasons… Better to not put -limit for infantry, vehicles and aircraft.
    So… For infantry i set (0,60), for vehicle and aircraft (0,90).

• menu_cam__shouldRotateTarget - allows rotate object. Doesn’t work on infantry, vehicles and aircraft.

• scene - if in map then camera will move to X area. X can be:

• squad (main menu).
      Better to put menu_soldier_respawnbase, menu_vehicle_respawnbase and menu_machinegun_respawnbase in front of camera (camera_scenic_place_dof).

• soldiers (Selected soldier).
      Better to put menu_soldier.

• soldier_in_middle (New soldier from shop).

• soldier_customization (Soldier customization).

• vehicles (Vehicle cusotmization, selected tank or motorcycle).
      Must be menu_inspected_vehicle_pos or maybe menu_vehicle.

• aircrafts (Aircraft customization, selected aircraft).
      Must be menu_aircraft.

• aircrafts_floating (Floating aircraft customization, selected floating aircraft).
      Must be menu_floating_aircraft.

• inv_items (Seems cutted and doesn’t work anymore).
      Maybe better to put menu_inv_items and menu_item_respawnbase.

• armory (Selected inventory and menu where you select campaign).
      Better to put menu_weapon.

• new_items (New item and menu where you look to weapon in shop).
      Better to put menu_new_item.

• researches (Campaign progress, squad upgrades, shop and common events and also menu where you select gamemode).

• battle_pass
      Better to put menu_battle_pass.

• events (Player profile, custom matches and cool & rare events like 1st april).

7 Likes

Is this possible to do on the PS5? I want all backgrounds to be soldiers shitting in latrines :sunglasses: can’t get scared shitless in battle if it ain’t there :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

Nope.

1 Like

Damn, all bad :sob:

1 Like

One question. I wanted to do a custom aircraft hanger. How do i make the camera look at the plane ingame? I mean what do i have to put into the properties to bind it to the plane? (basically what do i have to do to make it work like the normal hanger)

2 Likes

You mush edit scene and add aircrafts. It’s in camera_scenic_place_dof entity.
And then edit other properties. I used only these:
menu_cam__offset is 0, 0, -14.5
menu_cam__limitYaw is -180, 180
menu_cam__limitPitch is 0, 90

When i go to aircrafts it still looks like this after i did what you told me…

1 Like

simple_menu_squad_customization_scene.blkx.txt (32.6 KB)

Try this simple example, copy and paste the plane and the plane’s camera from the text editor into your scene, and then move their position in the editor

Based on this scenario, you don’t even need to set their properties from scratch, based on the default properties. It is also possible perserve relative positions, so that their camera position will remain consistent with the default hangar

2 Likes

Maybe you have two camera_scenic_place_dof with similar scene settings?
My aircraft hangar code is:

entity{
  _template:t="camera_scenic_place_dof"
  transform:m=[[1, 0, 0] [0, 1, 0] [0, 0, 1] [348.291, 262.542, -80.557]]
  menu_cam__offset:p3=0, 0, -14.5
  menu_cam__limitYaw:p2=-180, 180
  menu_cam__limitPitch:p2=0, 90
  scene:t="aircrafts"
  fov:r=90
}

entity{
  _template:t="menu_aircraft"
  transform:m=[[-4.37114e-08, 8.82122e-16, -1] [1.57382e-08, 1, 1.94181e-16] [1, -1.57382e-08, -4.37114e-08] [348.361, 261.441, -72.487]]
}

Well… I also edited fov, but nothing more.

1 Like

I made progress, i tried as tommy told me- it kinda worked, but how do i change the light? its pure darkness… how do i make it daytime?

1 Like

Only copy camera_scenic_place_dof and menu_aircraft should not affect lights, i m not sure

1 Like

IT WORKS GUYS THANK YOUUUU!!! Thats so great… I will create multiple backgrounds now haha

Thank you all so much… Its a dream :heart: tommyZZM Davenddar

2 Likes

In latest updates you will able to set different cameras for main menu, squads and items in shop. Also you now can to set different camera positions if squad have bike/plane/floating plane.

After latest update… scene property (that used in camera_scenic_place or camera_scenic_place_dof entity) now can contains: main_menu, main_menu_bike, main_menu_plane, main_menu_plane_floating, squad_bike, squad_plane, squad_plane_floating and shop_items.

main_menu is similar to old version squad.
It too uses menu_soldier_respawnbase entities and e.t.c. just activates when you select battle menu. While squad activates only when you select Squads menu.

main_menu_bike, main_menu_plane and main_menu_plane_floating are similar to main_menu, but if you want to see soldiers and vehicles you can clone respawnbase entities and edit their menuPosFilter. It now can contains bike, plane and plane_floating.

About shop_items. It works when you watch items or weapons in shop. It’s like armory. But it needs menu_shop_items while armory still needs menu_weapon.

4 Likes

Well… There one little moment.
If you added respawnBase entities with filter then they will not appear in respawnBase that don’t contains any filters.

main_menu and squad:

main_menu_bike:

squad_bike:

Soldiers in main_menu_bike probably appears only in squad_bike position.

3 Likes

This is what happens when i try to copy paste or load in the teamplate file you told us too use. Any way to get rid of this effect?

The guide is outdated. And yes there is a way to remove the fog effect.

However, i don’t think it will work as a hangar level.

This is the diorama hangar used currently by the game:

scene.blk.txt (57.4 KB)

Do you have the diorama hangar file of this current version? Where’s the file located?