Concerns about the game's development trajectory

The so-called Type 5 Ho-Ri, which will go into Japan’s general progression tree:

All that is known about this vehicle is a wooden mockup:

That is, not even a single test unit has been built, it is impossible to know if such a design would work at all, if it could fire, if it could propell itself.

Also, as far as we can tell from this thread from the WT forum, the drawings and data for this vehicle were fabricated by some user:

According to this logic, if we find a picture of any wooden mockup, without any evidence of not only serial production, not only deliveries to the troops, not only use in WWII, but even the presence of a working unit, we will tick the box and happily add it to the battles?

Next up. New SMG for Japan’s general progression tree.

Even a brief check of Wikipedia tells us that:
In February - March 1930, the 1928 model was subjected to comparative tests against several other submachine guns, including imports from Europe and the United States, as well as a 1927 model submachine gun. During testing, the bolt broke in this model, and the submachine gun was prematurely rejected from further testing.

So again, this is not mass produced, not supplied to elite troops, not a test batch from Easter Island.
This is one test piece of an unsuccessful SMG, which broke during firing and turned out to be worse than even the WW1 era MP-18.

But in our case everyone gets one.

I have exactly the same thoughts about AS-44, which has exactly zero evidence of use in WWII, and RD-44, which has exactly zero evidence of use in WWII, and the Fedorov Avtomat, which was a very fragile design of WW2 era and was in no way a proto- AK-47, which we basically have in Berlin 1945, as well as the MG-45 and STG-45.

This is a very sad trend that raises major concerns of a “paper tanks vs prototypes” WT style future.

PS
Will be happy to be wrong about the non-use of any of the above by regular troops.

7 Likes

Picture description no1:
Cry about it

Picture description no2:
Devs’ source for new gear

Choose one that fits you.

2 Likes

I don’t mind having prototype and experimental weapons, however I am kind of torn on having things that truly did not even physically exist

It’s like at least with most of the prototypes in this game they did at least physically exist

Even the Maus is much closer to a full tank than the Ho Ri. If Japan built exactly one Ho-Ri and had it in a ware house somewhere then I’d be fine with it

I’m kind of 50/50 on it, but for now I want to see how it goes when it’s in game

ah.

from defeated voyo, we get “toxic” voyo.

i mean, you do you. i ain’t complaining :eyes:

as for op,

i share the same opinion as far as it goes for the mockup non existant tank.

but… we’re kinda late as they started to work on it.
which i fear it might start push the boundaries as it goes for wonder fairy tales weapons.
one that once cross, nobody can go back.
which could be fun ( i’d be looking forward to automatic vg 1-5. or carbine c97 with stock, extended barrel and automatic fire selector fire ), … or the opposite. waffen tragens, is3s, heck, even maus.

but for the smg, how is that any different from the other weapons that are technically rare or never even left production?

just like the stg45.

or… pretty much 50% of japanese weapons already.

4 Likes

I got defeated like a year ago.
My current take can be summarised by my pfp and by this fabulous song (highly recomend):

And when I first met this game I was supper committed to it. Well, life.

1 Like

you used to give a damn?

but where is the damn?

i dont’ see it.

le funee

2 Likes

I am no Gun Jesus, and as mentioned above I’m against it and other BS being in the game, but at least some of it was supposedly physically made even if a couple dozen prototypes, and is now in premiums, not in everyday trooper use.

i suppose i have lowered the bar as far protos goes.

but the smg in question was made even though failed trials miserably.

that would… by definition, count as good enough to be made and pushed for infantry. ( one might argue and correct me about being more of a gold order candidate. and you would be right. if it wasn’t for the fact that we are speaking of japan )

i’m not an expert of weapons either.

but those complains about guns being massively given despite dubbious provenence are filling almost everywhere.

so… one of those must be true.

which, as said, would agree on the tank.

not so much on the smg.

at the same time.

i think so goes for tanks too.

scrapping the barrels to give content to those pour souls left with no destinies on their own…

( yes, i am being dramatic on purpose but… not far from the truth. you will need to give them something )

Yeah I have to agree with this. It does set a bad precedent.

I was ok with Japans prototypes since most of them either saw limited combat or at least went through testing. But this sets a new bar that I don’t like.

At the same time, if Japan ever wants to be in BR5, they are going to need a boost, which is a problem in this context obviously.

Japan should be locked at t3 instead of being forced into high tier by adding even more obscure prototypes and paper weapons

3 Likes

Developers are clearly a bit anxious to push Japanese troops into BR5
I don’t see the point of doing this
The weapons of the Japanese army are completely insufficient to support the BR5. If it is forcibly supported, a large number of strange blueprint weapons will inevitably appear.
Just like in World of Warships, most of the technology trees that populate the weak naval nations are not manufactured.

I’d rather have Chi-Nu Kai, it’s at least not that outrageous

3 Likes

Yeah this seems about right the Germans deny the allies the end game and the allies deny us our future and it’s super sweaty all the way and they’re gonna slowly kill us by overcompensating.

And nice choice of song

And this is what I think about when I remember Conscript_Joe talking about Christmas Then I did some things and made this picture

This game was nice in the beginning but now things are slowly getting worse as the Soviets Fly into the sky with the infinite scaling of power creep

They do not belong in the high BR they should just stay in the low BR section and just be left there but no they gotta somehow make them come to high BR for some reason

DF has gone mad at this point and I’m out of hearts
:heart_decoration:

War Thunder no longer adding such tank so I don’t think we will see more besides Ho Ri.

This was already the case for Japan equipment from the start since Japan was added.

1 Like