Comments about the new optics

I’ve been playing around with these new sights quite a bit, I really liked them, although I think these considerations should be taken into account

1. add an on and off button (could be on by default)

2. like the flight camera effect, It would be ideal if the effects of the new optics and their movement were regulated by an adjustment with a sliding bar

what do you think?

2 Likes

I disagree. Since they do have impact on gameplay to some lesser extent. There shouldn’t be option to toggle them off.

3 Likes

It cant be toggled because affect gameplay, with the effect off you would aim better in the distance, imo it should be just softened a bit, for lower your accuracy in the distance but keep everithing clear in your proximity

4 Likes

Agree.

As @Myrm1don mentioned, the blue tint doesn’t feel right at all.
I think that is what should be addressed and toned down a bit.

6 Likes

Reposting for my amusement more than anything else

2 Likes

Cool but kinda annoying but in a good way

The area of the image distortion is too large, it’s nauseating to use the tank.

Compare it to real tank sight:

The image distortion effect is a good concept, but the point on the scope radius where the distortion effect start should be closer to the point on the circumference of the scope.

3 Likes

Can’t ask this in proper threads because they are being closed:
Why are threads being closed for “necroposting”?

Is there some kind of forum rule that you always need to create new threads? @Bigote0070

Like i just wanted to discuss the “Independent British tree” ideas, and someone had made a big thread with lots of weapons and stuff, but it’s closed just because some user replied 60 days later.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to keep the threads revived rather than spamming new ones again and again (except completely outdated ones like “add Japan!!1”)?

1 Like

We have new optics? on what?

Here

1 Like

This was a huge nerf for HO-RI, you are stuck with mediocre optics with commander and switching between gunner and commander became very disorienting. Might as well learn to aim with commander because you can lose your sight of the enemy after switching and gunner is way too zoomed in.

5 Likes

Information on months old topic are inaccurate for the present game, if you notice enlisted update More fast than any game out here, in a month’s you can get two patch or some changes who make all older topic than 2 week completely outdated

So because of this… instead of revive older topic with necromancy, is far better open new one and update the information on the matter, for don’t create issue or trigger people with incorrect information

Also topic are not deleted just closed everyone can still watch and read them, link them, and open a new topic for add your own work on it and improve the suggestion

2 Likes

I play as a tanker often and I think the new sights are good. Tanks are fairly OP, and the new sight effects add a very slight and mild nerf to the tanks while increasing immersion. I have been playing with the new sights and I have not had any problems getting plenty of kills with armor.

lol

In 5 months from January the game get updated 15 time…

1 Like

@Unggoy_Major - I do agree, while in theory having a distortion is a nice idea, the effect is too “strong” and it is very nauseating (at least for me) to use the tank now (I get motion sick when trying to drive the tank, which was not the case before).

So it would be good if the effect could be softened or made a bit less pronounced at least (I would prefer being able to switch it off altogether, but my guess is if that was possible NOBODY would use the effect).

I do not use tanks a lot, but I still would prefer not to get motion sick when I try to use it…

1 Like

Latest patch dropped regarding optics Update 0.5.6.52 - News - Enlisted

1 Like

Enlisted is becoming or already is a better tank simulator than War Thunder.

1 - Historical sights 2 - Lens distortion 3 - Crew management (perks, medic kit) 4 - Driver’s view, commander’s cupola, and gunner’s view 5 - The commander needs to stick his head out to see in third person 6 - The commander’s machine gun can only be used if he is in the cupola 7 - Internal and external repairs that require the crew to exit the tank 8 - More detailed and difficult terrain to traverse 9 - Gun barrel sways much more"

2 Likes

That explains so much. Yeah I hate it, not the sights that’s fine, but it’s bugged out my game. Half of me screen is black while I play tanks now and another quarter of it is all fucked five ways to Sunday, wouldn’t even know how to describe it, so I can only see 1 quarter of the optic. I’m blindly slinging HE and MG rounds downrange.
I’d report but the report site is extremely finicky and for some reason my TV won’t show the version of game I’m playing.