CoD sales up 51% on animal skin; what about Enlisted?

Microsoft announced its financial results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2024 on April 25, local time. The company’s gaming business, centered on the Xbox, saw a 51% increase in sales.

The CoD series of Activision Blizzard, whose acquisition was completed in 2023, including the latest title, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, performed well and form that contributed to the parent company. Although “MW3” has heard mixed opinions from the community about its gameplay, it seems to be doing well in terms of sales.

“MW3” has seen a variety of attempts, some of which have been criticized by the community. For example, MW3 has seen an unprecedented pace of release of jokey operator skins, such as animals and monsters. Some in the community have criticized this trend as mimicking the success of “Fortnite” and being detrimental to “Call of Duty”.

However, according to CharlieIntel, cartoon skins and crazy skins are actually one of the game’s biggest sellers. This is completely at odds with the community that is judging it as a “huge flop.”
While some players may be disappointed and leave “CoD,” it seems that sales are increasing due to the retention of more new customers.

Back to Enlisted, Enlisted does not sell silly skins or collaborate with anime like CoD does. The game includes a lot of fantasy, but stays with the WW2 feel of the game.

I do not like the microtransactions sprinkled throughout the game and the game balance it assumes. I think the $30~$90 price tag for the premier squad is very overpriced even for DLC; it’s a F2P game, but if you want to enjoy it comfortably, you’re asked to pay more than a full-priced game.
However, for a small Latvian company that doesn’t have as many customers as Activision Blizzard, and that respects “minority” military geeks like us, these “greedy” businesses should be tolerated if they want to make a profit while keeping the concept.

CoD has proven that it is more profitable to do business with cat lovers than with military geeks. But Darkflow would never do such a business…

In my opinion, I am thankful that Enlisted still has the WW2 feel. I really like this game.
I’m also glad that they don’t do stupid skin business and consider “minority” military geeks like us as their primary customers.
So I will continue to buy Enlisted content, even if it is a little more expensive.

What do you think?
About Enlisted’s way of doing business and about CoD’s ridiculous skin?

3 Likes

Those overdiscussed skins are the least ridiculous thing about CoD.

I wouldn’t mind ridiculous skins in enlisted, as long as there would be “hide ahistorical skins” option in settings.

2 Likes

Agreed.
However, as far as their financial reports are concerned, their sales are increasing due to that stupid SKIN.
The thing is that there are more people who enjoy these things than those who think they are silly and ruin the game.

We are a minority and Darkflow is in business for a minority.

1 Like

Yeah, because that’s what classic braindead console consumer that do not have even gaming as his primary hobby prefers.

A huge percentage of sales of similar games are not even generated by proper “gamers”.
They are made by nowadays asocial low middle class consuments. And there’s so many of them.

I absolutely loathe this consumerist part of the gaming industry.
But everything would be so much more expensive and difficult without it. That’s why even in Enlisted we have to suffer bad players that can easily be mistaken for bots.
This is exactly the kind of people who buy into this nonsensical bizarre skins.
They don’t want anything to make sense as they don’t have the brain capacity to comprehend and appreciate it anyway. They just care about how it looks and if it has their favorite color that makes them feel comfortable.

1 Like

Exactly.

This is not true, cod just deliver what his players want, funny skin for weapon and character, fantasy multiplayer mode and collaboration with anime and TV series

As enlisted developer give us what we ask,new OP toys for figth other OP toys

The worst is when the creator doesn’t care at all about his target audience. And makes a game for “everyone”. Then it becomes this woke rubbish. Starfield is a classic example of that.

For cod Dev this is a good decision, they make the Max profit and keep happy a lot of people, at least is how I see it

I would rather see additional content to low BR than OP toys or additional content to high BR.
Apparently there will be some BR3 weapons added to the next major update tech tree, but I’d be happy to see something like that.

That game seemed to be less than Fallout 4, not only in the direction of the game, but in every quality to begin with.
I found the gameplay very degenerate.

But Cod developers are not making games for everyone.
They are well aware of what target audience they do have.

Good joke!

Make those skins subscription based and allow me to turn them off.
This way I don’t have to suffer seeing them and company can continuously milk the morons who bought it.

3 Likes

CoD offers what its customers want. Ridiculous skins are part of that.
I have played Call of Duty since the first game. I remember the old “CoD” as a somewhat realistic military game (more so than the MOH and Wolfenstein games of the time) and a game that had a large following of people interested in military and history.
Since Modern Warfare hit the market, the user has expanded greatly. More casual gun and military enthusiasts than those who cared about historical accuracy, CoD went into space, became cyborgs, and started shooting laser guns. Older fans rebelled, but were mostly ignored because such people were no longer a minority in the player base. That’s what happens when you have more customers.

What CoD has shown over the last decade is that the percentage of “FPS gamers” who want a “historically accurate” game is small.
Enlisted’s use to the WW2 theme, in other words, limits the user.
This means that the price per product will inevitably go up.

Well, CoD’s cat skins cost about $30, so Enlisted’s premier squad is not that much more expensive.
Expensive is expensive, but it is a fair price given the current state of the game.

1 Like

it doesnt state anywhere clear numbers.
51% up in sales relative to what? and how much % are the animal skins of the overall sales?
if you want to convince people that something is good, you need to give them clear arguments, not throw around random numbers and hope the normies start soy-mouthing “muh science!!” in naive belief :joy:

2 Likes

I’m sure there is a compromise that can satisfy the interests of both parties

Unsinkable Sam - Wikipedia

Another pointless irrelevant post from SexyTent….

You are rapidly rising to the same level as GreyParrot and Unclaimed….the forum clowns.

2 Likes

There is nothing more demoralizing than seeing a trained killer in a cat or a rat costume slaughter you with a gladius. It’s only a matter of time before they add in a giga chad skin.

As for Enlisted’s business practice, you can guess where I stand.

WW2