Chi-Nu's Cannonball Problem

Hi guys, I recently got free Chi-Nu
However, I found something wrong with its 75mm tank gun. Its AP shell penetration is a bit poor, compared to the German Panzer IV F2 or the American Sherman.
Because when I use Sherman or No. 4 F2 AP shells, I can often penetrate the opponent easily, but Chi-Nu often ricochetes when aiming at Sherman.
Chi-Nu’s tank gun seems to be worse, both AP and HE
Since I don’t play War Thunder tanks, I don’t know the specific performance of its shells. I usually use the tank guns of German tanks as a reference for comparison.
May I ask which German tank the AP shell penetration capability of Chi-Nu’s 75mm tank gun is closer to?

In addition, if possible, I think this game really needs to label each tank’s shells with their specific performance
It can help those who have never played War Thunder tanks to understand better.

This is the penetration of the Chi-Nu, so when comparing it to other nations it’s closer to the pen of the Crusader/Pz.III J1 and the Puma

1 Like

Thank you! because I saw that the barrel of the Chi-Nu is relatively long, so I thought it should be closer to the Panzer IV F2
It seems I was wrong

The Chi-Nu 75mm flat penetration is pretty similar to the American 75mm and the Soviet 76mm. The thing is that the Sherman has actually really good armor while the German 75mm on both the Stug and Panzer IV has superb penetration. In War Thunder the first Japanese medium tanks that can deal with Shermans at decent distance is the Chi-Nu II and Chi-To which has a longer 75mm gun with similiar performance to the T-34-85.

Funny they made that shite T3 when its performance is T2 at best

2 Likes

So why the hell is this tank BR4? Puma is BR2, J1 is BR2

Just because Japanese do have few strong planes and second flamer, devs needed to create pointless BR4 line up for japs?

I really do wonder if there’s single person who thinks japs BR4 vs USA BR4 is well balanced.

6 Likes

as someone who recently play it obviously no but if you get lucky (like me today) then it possible to win but of course require insane lucky match

Well, Jumbo’s AP perform worse than that of Chi-Nu, that does not mean that it deserve to be lower than BR 4

But yeah Chi-Nu should be BR 3 not 4 that’s for sure.

Yeah, because the only thing I am taking in consideration is its pene.

1 Like

Congrats! You just received a BR-4 tank with BR-2 Armour and Gun!

We should just get Ho-I with HEAT, it has 104mm of pen at all angles (at least in real life)

1 Like