Changes in the rate of fire of semi-automatic rifles

in conclusion, not everyone in WW2 is professional speed and competition shooter.

But most still survive jumping from 2nd floor, tho.

8 Likes

Yes and especially in CQB it would increase ROF not decrease as you are full of adrenaline.

The only game that somewhat portrates this is 7.62 HC, when soldier is in heat of action or stressful situation, adrenaline level goes up which results in faster ROF but much worse accuracy.
So soldier in stressful CQB would fire more recklessly, faster but less accurately.

6 Likes

It seems that the soldiers of the game are not skilled soldiers, but belong to the penal unit released from Gullard Prison, right?

3 Likes

Conscripts obviously

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen in military manuals, many soldiers shoot a lot of bullets at once, rather than aiming precisely at the target whether it’s efficient or not.

Also, it doesn’t make much sense to limit fast shots on hip fire.

We would appreciate it if you could consider it one more time.

6 Likes

Just put 250-270 max ROF for semi auto rifles and 300-310 for carbines, it would be a good compromise

3 Likes

ezgif-6-4bb2059852d8 (1)

Footage from WW2, can see soldier Rapid firing M1 garand.

25 Likes

A certain free World War II game also reduced the semi-automatic rate of fire, and the semi-automatic rifle of that free World War II game was originally designed to be very poor, and later caused many players to use macros. I really hate macro players showing how cool he is in front of me. I hope Gaijin can remember the lesson of the free World War II game and don’t repeat the mistakes.

1 Like

nice try, but i think it was much better if dev would adjust the recoil and reloading time.
Realistic adjustments are always welcome.
And— do you have any plan to nerf or adjust those auto rifles and ussr smgs?

2 Likes

If I were in that situation, rather than reducing the rate of fire, I would panic and shoot faster.

13 Likes

And how is his progress with hitting accuracy? :slight_smile:

We can argue for a long time. You will bring the video, and I will remind you that that soldier is one, and you have 6-8 and more than a hundred of them in your squadron for a battle. You are not afraid of death and jump into a room full of enemies and want to shoot them with your M1 as if you are a machine gunner.

No. This is NOT realistic.
This is how it works.

6 Likes

but you can bring 200 round and an mg42 on a soldier with mines garandes 4 medkit and just to be sure a pistol oh yeah even a sword if you have it, stop pretending to care about realism.

this change gameplay wise is just bad

18 Likes

I play this game because it’s really fun. Honestly, I’m not interested in historical evidence.

Balance it out before you weigh the historical evidence. This is not a World War II ‘documentary’. this is World War II ‘game’.

What’s wrong with users who invested in semi-automatic rifles?

Why are you taking away the joy of users?

8 Likes

What about doing changes to the recoil and aim time (maybe also dispersion when not aiming) of semi autos instead of changing what is historically correct?

3 Likes

Then make them less accurate while spamfiring :grin:

10 Likes

Check this.
And At least let us to Rapid-fire when we Hipfire
Then that “Accuracy Problem” you said will be solved.

This is Realistic, And what you guys doing isn’t how the thing works.

24 Likes

If you do that, the game is ruined. Don’t say anything strange. Give me the semi-automatic rollback Johnson, stg44, or Fyodorf. Is this an update?

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with accuracy. We’re already in close quarters or something like that when we’re shooting, so we didn’t care about accuracy before.

7 Likes

Agree. In many Historical footages and Memoirs, you can see a “Panic fire” thing. when someone panics, He fires gun rapidly, but with low Accuracy which could be limitly useful at CQB.

7 Likes

Developers Do you see this angry public sentiment? So, do you have any plans to change it? What we want is a semi-automatic rollback, some gear removal under the campaign level gear reorder, and the release of Johnson, stg44, and Feydorf… We’re very disappointed with your brazen attitude and poor quality update. … I just can’t get over it this time. To stabilize this public sentiment, I’ll have to do my best this time Slavs.

8 Likes