Change classification of SP AA vehicles from "tank" to "APC"

In game there are four vehicles which work as SP AA, but they are not widely used at high BR, because they occupy a tank slot and using them will only angry other teammates.

My suggestion is to change classification of these vehicles from “tank” to “APC” and limit them to 2 per team.

(a player will cannot spawn M13 MGMC if his team already uses two Studebakers)

I do NOT want them to be a mobile spawn points, only not to occupy a tank slot.

8 Likes

no, instead create a SPAA slot

14 Likes

meh

Classify them under Motorcyclist

8 Likes

That would work, except sooner or later stuff like Wirbelwind, Ostwind or Skink will roll in.

2 Likes

We all know these ridiculous things can only attack light armor
When strafing infantry, it may even become difficult to suppress the enemy due to overheating.
Moreover, open vehicles will kill all members of the vehicle due to the explosion range.
They are totally unworthy of being tanks

1 Like

Got my vote, good idea 1st post and 2nd post also good idea
either way, i would def take a AA over a tank any day,
but yeah denying someone who may good a tank role, can’t, because i am taking it up by using AA
Good post

1 Like

Yeah. I’d like them to have their own slot or something other than tank. I like to play them now and again but it’s very rare as I don’t want to deny a good tank player the ability to do their thing.

2 Likes

I don’t run tanks anyway, only APC and a plane for annoying tanks.
so only reason, i don’t use AA is down to the tank slot part, and if they had its own slot, would love to add AA to all faction lineups :smile:

Is funny how i can leave out a tank, by having a APC yet the AA takes a tank slot.

1 Like

The issue is with only 10 players the team may not be able to even spare a player for occupying an “AA slot”. So in total we would have 2 tanks, 2 planes, and 2 support vehicles leaving just 4 infantry squads

For now it should stay as is.

But once again I keep saying that a giant battle with an open map and more players which means more vehicle slots would fully realize this game’s potential

2 Likes

They should be classified as armored anti dragon cavalry - AADC.

That’s a valid point.

1 Like

many players would exploit it by spamming M13 GMC (rat mobile) since they are good at deleting infantry even if they made of paper.

1 Like

Exactly, imagine for example ostwind outside of tank slot. Complete travesty.

1 Like

Everyone makes this argument but that’s not the case often. Usually slots are open
Plus most players have only four slots, so you would think that 4 infantry squads is the exception rather than the status quo?
Might as well calculate APC (3) and motorcycle too (unlimited?)

1 Like

It can’t do what you claim it does. It’s overheat makes it impossible to kill infantry and plane alike.

This doesn’t make sense. They aren’t APCs.

3 Likes

So using a M13 is a exploit?, which could be used in any game, anyway by taking a tank slot.
Anyway all good, i see a few don’t like this idea,
So get used to not having a tank on Battlefield, and someone just playing AA,
because i just got over my feeling of handicapping team, by taking a AA, in any faction.

Believe its 3x support? atm can be on BF at at time?, so that leaves 3x inf, but seeing as a APC can loose it squad, and just sit on BF, taking up slots, seems silly.
Should make it to spawn, the squads has to be alive, instead of wasting a slot.
I also consider support/APC as mech INF, so its not just 3x INF after 2x planes, 2x tanks, 3xapc

2 Likes

So as with Sd.Kfz 251/1 and other half-tracks, which do not occupy a tank slot :yawning_face:

1 Like

You know what, I’ve been thinking and it actually hit me when I decided to play as a SPAA at the moment.

I think it would be fine for SPAA to share the “support slot” with APCs. APCs are usually dumped so a 1 and done spawn and sometimes you really need that infantry support of a tank.

However as with many things the subject becomes touchy when look at the heavier brothers of SPAA as light tanks are to heavy tanks.

Does that mean that eventually Wirblewinds, Ostwinds, Kugelblitz, all the various German light vehicles armed with the flak 8,8, etc would be in the support slot as well. Do those get branded as “tank slots” because of their power or do they stay in the support family.