Change BR to be based on Historical Implementation

Yeah but cone on, an m5 if all things? At least pair the tigers against sherman76’s. And yeah the pershing wasnt a thing until the rhine but still.

At this point i dont care if it’s not the main ui thats changed. Just official servers in customs would be good. But i do understand the resources needed are not there yet. But rather a seperate game mode or that.

1 Like

If there aint someone with a Sherman specifally queue for same maps, it cant give you Shermans.

90% of the shooting structures or cannons used during World War II were created during World War I or in the interwar period. This would mean that we would have space on BR1 and that is a fact. It would completely destroy the balance, and that’s the game.
I myself am a supporter of more asymmetric and realistic battles, but I care more about physical realism than all American firearms being in BR 1.

I must admit that I would like to have a realistic historical mode in the future, as is the case in WT, and that there are such modes, but I care more about the equipment being assigned to a given theater of operations.
For example, let’s take the Fedorov machine gun, where there were about 3,000 copies of it in the battles near Moscow, and in Berlin there were fewer of them than Ferdinand tanks, where out of 90 units produced, the Berlin was defended by one Elefant.

2 Likes

Power level and realism ?
Dispersion is still a cancer menawhile some weapons altered so much that their performance dont resemble their real life counterparts at all.
Current gunplay must be redesigned from top to bottom for that kind of change.

1 Like

Neither would work, actually, as I’ve previously explained.

So typical of you to interpret the whole thing in a twisted way to fit your own agenda.

Which is exactly what BR 5 is right now??

Yeah. Like THAT will ever happen. Who’s gonna pay for all that? You? Even if they somehow can hire more people, all those resources would be much better used instead to fix and improve the current game. It would never be worth it just to satisfy a handful of console HA nerds who can’t just go and play Squad 44 instead.

So the bar is also Pre war
and also certain the German have a powerful pre war weapon. Would it be so bad?

Yes. Because players will have no incentive to play and collect XP if best weapons (BAR + Fedorov) will be available just at the beginning.

(game will look very cheap)

Such as?

not on the top of my head, looking for someone to mention one, I could be wrong. if I’m wrong nobody cares because everyone hates the Germans anyways.

Limiting some weapons that there wasn’t a huge number of produced could be a solution.
It’d be an idea, never said itd was completely baked.

MG 13-14-30-34

MP-18-28-30-34-38

1 Like

There are but those are infact were only prototypes and would be too powerful for your HA based MM
For italy

You see most of them are prototypes and most of them would be too powerfull if HA MM would be implanted

And this is only for Italy You can do this to Czechs and Germans and even Finland and Hungary, too and then every body would play European axis since HA MM would favor them and meanwhile Japan would type HEI automatic rifle in BR 1 with Tokyo arsenal and while we can find counters to these for both american and soviets it would create an other problem why should anyone in BR1(who starts the game for first time)face these it would lit. turn the game to being what it was pre-merge

2 Likes

MG14 is not ingame.
MG13 is far worse than M1918 and DP-27.
MG30 is premium.
MG34 is not better or worse than DP27.

MP18 is premium.
MP28 sucks.
MP30 is not ingame unless its Steyr MP30 which is MP34(o).
MP34 is worse than PPD or Thompson.
MP38 is worse than PPD or Thompson.

It is same as MP-34(O)

Someone needs to play against you Soviet simps unless you want full bot expierence again.

2 Likes

I can already imagine the totally coincidental MM situation:
1939 - 1941: Xaxaxaxaxa!
1942 - 1943: Reich Time!
1944 - 1945: Still Reichtime and all sane Allied players that don’t want to face Tigers and Panthers with the M10.

That is a 40D chess move. I can already see the growth.

1 Like

Not a good idea - PPSh in 1942 is by far and away a better weapon than anything opposing it, and KV-1 and T-34 in 1941 are just unfair!

If you are going to do that then you have to implement some form of “cost” to bringing the better weapons - lots of historical wargames (figure games on tabletop) and even many fantasy games do this, but the Gaijin stable of games seems unwilling to do so.

3 Likes