Change BR to be based on Historical Implementation

Yes. Because players will have no incentive to play and collect XP if best weapons (BAR + Fedorov) will be available just at the beginning.

(game will look very cheap)

Such as?

not on the top of my head, looking for someone to mention one, I could be wrong. if I’m wrong nobody cares because everyone hates the Germans anyways.

Limiting some weapons that there wasn’t a huge number of produced could be a solution.
It’d be an idea, never said itd was completely baked.

MG 13-14-30-34

MP-18-28-30-34-38

1 Like

There are but those are infact were only prototypes and would be too powerful for your HA based MM
For italy

You see most of them are prototypes and most of them would be too powerfull if HA MM would be implanted

And this is only for Italy You can do this to Czechs and Germans and even Finland and Hungary, too and then every body would play European axis since HA MM would favor them and meanwhile Japan would type HEI automatic rifle in BR 1 with Tokyo arsenal and while we can find counters to these for both american and soviets it would create an other problem why should anyone in BR1(who starts the game for first time)face these it would lit. turn the game to being what it was pre-merge

2 Likes

MG14 is not ingame.
MG13 is far worse than M1918 and DP-27.
MG30 is premium.
MG34 is not better or worse than DP27.

MP18 is premium.
MP28 sucks.
MP30 is not ingame unless its Steyr MP30 which is MP34(o).
MP34 is worse than PPD or Thompson.
MP38 is worse than PPD or Thompson.

It is same as MP-34(O)

Someone needs to play against you Soviet simps unless you want full bot expierence again.

2 Likes

I can already imagine the totally coincidental MM situation:
1939 - 1941: Xaxaxaxaxa!
1942 - 1943: Reich Time!
1944 - 1945: Still Reichtime and all sane Allied players that don’t want to face Tigers and Panthers with the M10.

That is a 40D chess move. I can already see the growth.

1 Like

Not a good idea - PPSh in 1942 is by far and away a better weapon than anything opposing it, and KV-1 and T-34 in 1941 are just unfair!

If you are going to do that then you have to implement some form of “cost” to bringing the better weapons - lots of historical wargames (figure games on tabletop) and even many fantasy games do this, but the Gaijin stable of games seems unwilling to do so.

3 Likes

I’m a Soviet simp? wrong, German main, hate most if not all of the Russian equipment. The soviets are my least played faction I think.

Fair point on some of that equipment, I wouldn’t mind a point system/cost to bring things, kind of like how in Warhammer each unit has a cost. Otherwise it’s crazy to think of 9 man squads with FG-42s and 3 EPs each.

Yes Warhammer was the fantasy game I was thinking of - don’t play it - historicals myself, but lots of people around here do.

1 Like

I’d love to get into but it’s an expensive hobby to stack on top of MTG and D&D.
But yeah, considering only squad leader would have a semiauto weapon for the longest time this whole system surprised me.

I dont think anymore we would need to change BR’s or queues for then anymore as this idea below would actually help without entirely overhaulling the game

1 Like

TBH what should have happened was let individual campaign selection happen, but you would set up a BR loadout for that campaign. So whenever you randomly get said campaign your loadout would determine BR on that map. We would still have a tech tree, just certain equipment would be limited to certain campaigns.

For example Moscow could go up to BR 5 because of PPSH or Fed. but other BR5 equipment would not be allowed such as STGs or IS-2s.

So in theory Moscow could be BR 1-5. Just the equipment is limited on each campaign. Though it would still be random map selection.

1 Like

I don’t see the point of doing such thing.
Germany don’t have much available counter, so they will just not bring br5 equipment to Moscow.
In the end you won’t even get a match or just fight with bots.

1 Like

Isn’t the match making BR3-BR5? There’s plenty of gear to suffice.

MG34 is BR 3, M38 is BR4, MkB is BR 5. etc

Soviet has DT-29 and Maxim Tokarev

I though you want some HA? MKB42 was not in service during Moscow.

Not to mention Soviet also have T-34 and KV-1.

1 Like