Can a Japanese Tigger tank come out later?

Well, I mean… this will be the case after the merge unfortunately.

I havent played enough Japan, I know their AT rifle wrecked everything up till this point so I never saw their HEAT launcher get used.

is it enough against the jumbo?

*edit just looked it up, Type 5 100m pen, so only side hullshots

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea, but given how much the germans in normandy are complaining about the Jumbo even though they get stuff like panzerfaust and Ofenrorh, I am pretty sure that this will be a big L for the Japanese. Also the Jumbo will be esaily able to deal with any japanese tanks. Its armor is enough to stop any Japanese tank round (even Ch-Nu and co) and its AP shell, while still being thrash, will still be enough to deal with Japanese metal boxes.

I wonder how DF thought that Chi-Nu would be a good counterpart to the Jumbo while the Germans get the Panther. All of them being BR 3.

Bombers should do the trick, but I don"t like when the only counter to a tank is a plane, that just does not feel right honestly.

1 Like

I sorta dont think the counterpart to the jumbo is the panther. (at least the way they have set things up BR wise)

I think the Jumbo is an outlier like the KV-1. It feels like their impression is Panzer IV is the counter part, which is consistant with their Chi Nu decision.

Tiger fits better against jumbo even though its better

Panther I would put with t34/85 and Sherman 76

Not saying it makes all the sense in the world. just what it seems like to me

4 Likes

Jumbo is tier V? I think?
Japan ends at Tier IV

from what I heard: America V can’t meet Japan IV.

jumbo, and panther are br4

1 Like

I think its pretty straight forward for pacific

Chi-nu vs sherman
Chi-ha vs sherman 105
Chi-Ri II vs jumbo

2 Likes

All you truly need for Japan is chi-ha short gun. That’s the most essential tank.
Everything else is obsolete to 12cm of pure fun.

1 Like

yea im gonna get that thing when merge out to see if it is fun since it was a premium in warthunder and free in enlisted

1 Like

Lord of the Derp!

1 Like

In the test server, all jumbos were BR 4. Some people posted screenshot of Triple jumbo lineups going against japanese in the pacific.

idk why i feel this is racist :smiley:

if we did get we should get these to lol

5 Likes

I could see some of these as premium vehicles, or maybe an event, but I don’t think captured vehicles or weapons should be in the main tech tree

problem is tho the jap tiger never even reach japan to fight like if we get it then we should get french tiger too but i understand people dont want captured weapon that dont have something unique

I love the amount of irony here.
One question though, if USA and USSR are producing tanks for Germany, who are they fighting, aliens?

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our April’s fools event.

2 Likes

Not yet, but in few years definitively.

1 Like

Personally if I had the choice, I’d rather see the O-I. While unfinished, its nominal statistics would offer reasonable frontal armor while having a large crew complement and a 15cm main gun.

On the whole these are attractive and unique gameplay options. I think it has already been expressed in this thread that faction gameplay feeling distinct does matter, so while relative parity is important, and the fact that Japan lacks much to answer in armor after the Chi-Ri II is a concern, I think the O-I can largely provide that answer without compromising with foreign designs.

Beyond that, on the matter of the Kikka, I think it could make a great multirole CAS with an 800kg bomb should the need be for it to get added.

2 Cannons, give the 37mm one a wee bit of HE, and the 75mm a Sherman killing 153mm pen

1 Like