Buff medic class

Medkits boxes can have healing abilities HP full without perks

It’s annoying to die from a one shot when heal 4 around
Medkit box very useless when soldier no have perks

5 Likes

In my opinion the medic class is not as good as it could be because

1. Many players (bots) don’t use the placed boxes on the ground, even when they are placed at a good spot
  2. AI medics in your squad don’t heal other soldiers on their own. It would be great if they automatically apply a medkit on a wounded soldier in like 10 Meters of their sight.
  3. AI medics can’t be manually send by the player with the “X” command to a wounded friendly soldier to heal them.
  4. Healing other soldiers manually is tiresome because they often move iridicallyand the animation get canceled. While trying to finally get the heal through after wasting so much time with canceled tries before, the chance of getting shot increases drastically.
3 Likes

According to patch notes they should do that, and i remember seeing bots running around and healing but i don’t remember seeing any score from that, maybe they just heal your squads which doesn’t give score or it’s some obscure bug.

But it would be great idea for bot without medkits or in need of healing to seek out placed medboxes.
Sure they rarely get used, but sometimes in good spots they can give tons of free score.

For healing manually i recommend the faster healing perk, and ironically you don’t want to take the better healing perk as without it you can often heal someone twice for twice the score. Won’t heal them to full health (this could use a change too) but it’s better deal for you

1 Like

My recommendation to solve this issue is to make sure you have the healing speed perk (when using syringes not medkits) and then in addition you use the run speed perk (not sprint speed)

Using this setup allows you to keep up with people a little better to get the heal off before it cancels.

That’s true. However, I think a system that being so clunky that it forces you taking specific skills, is a system that needs polishing / work.

Imagine, Medics would be the only unit to actually get body armor that is even much stronger than current soviet body armor - but as a trade off, they would only be allowed to use pistols.

Much fun for people who love to play as a gunslinger, and an actually interesting twist to body armor.