Bombing without diving. Please help me out here

I managed to occasionally destroy tanks in practice, but level bombing is difficult because it’s hard to tell where the bombs are landing, even in practice. Is there a math formula for height, velocity, and distance I should know? Anyone have any USEFUL advice on the subject?

there are formulas (formulae?) but you won’t apply them because there is no bombsight whatsoever here.
so it’s always divebombing, either from a steep or shallow angle (glidebombing). then it’s just going to practice, also no formula.
trivia: me410 has a divebomb sight (stuvi) where you could manually input speed and get a marking, not simulated by gaijin.

1 Like

even with a formula there is too much randomness involved. eg if your plane doesnt fly perfectly straight the bombs will fly away by some idiotic bad coding.

here are 2 shorts that show how to bomb perfectly

1 Like

level bombing is relatively hard and almost impossible to do without vast experience. only plane i would even consider level bombing is ju188 from very low altitude. idk when was the last time i bombed without at least some angle.

2 Likes

What’s the point of flying the planes anymore
After 1st attack run they build a flak and one shot you anyway
pointless

Seriously?

yes. its extremely annoying. you can try perfectly straight and apply a tiny slide to the left or right and instead of the bombs landing slightly off they fly completely away.

Fly low and slow. If you are lucky you can destroy two vehicles at once :yum:

1 Like

that’s probably just rudder, instructor uses it for smaller adjustments depending on plane, but at that point you are not flying in the direction you are pointing. also if the plane rolls and pulls at the last moment bombs will go further away. i would guess it could be a problem with fw-190D (flies like a brick), which i don’t use.
just a guess, i don’t have this problem with the planes i use.