Birthday discounts!

In an ideal world…

Until Sony and Microsoft realize this and ask for a % of all and every sales, which would result in the same for customers. Plus some legal issues between gaijin and Sony/Microsoft.

I’m not saying it’s fair, mind you. I’m saying it how it is…

1 Like

Other multi-platform publishers have no problem getting around this “issue.”

1 Like

In a “minimally competent” world.

I’m a console player and I am planning on buying the 506th Paratroopers(and other squads) half-off like everyone else gets to do. All other publishers don’t have this supposed issue that Gaijin has for this game. Their excuse is bs. I know I’m only one player, but if they don’t make this sale available to xbox players in the next couple weeks, I’m probably going to permanently tap out and find a different game to play that wants my money fairly. There is absolutely no reason that PC players should be given monetary advantages over console players.

I keep hearing people chiming in saying “the console sales happen after the pc sales” and then other people indicating that there has never been a sale in the console stores. This is my first year playing the game, so I have no idea which is true.

If they’re not going to formally announce a date for the console sale to go into effect, I’m going to give them until Black Friday or I’m out.

1 Like

Again, I’m not defending them. It is how it is, there’s a reason why they refuse to get Enlisted on Steam just yet, and it’s solely the profits cut they’d have to endure with sales. They were reluctant with WT too, a while back.

They just… they don’t want to share a cut.

2 Likes

But they have premium squads for sale in the console stores. They’re already having to “give a cut.” A sale price doesn’t change that dynamic, although the fee is a percentage and adjusts with the sale price.

So take the 506th for example: current price is $39.99

I’m assuming the heartburn is that Microsoft takes a 12% commission on pc games and a 30% commission on xbox games. Calculating at the higher rate, MS would get $12 on a sale.

If Gaijin were to put it on sale at half, the commission drops to $6 and their own take becomes $14. To even this out so that Gaijin gets the full “half price” value, they need to set the sale price at

$28

…if they set their price in the Microsoft Store at $28, I’ll buy several. These squads I was wanting to buy were intended to be Christmas presents.

1 Like

If we luck the devs will just admit merge is hated and unwanted

1 Like

All they have to do is make all squads purchasable with gold on consoles. Easy solution. You can even buy gold straight from their website for console.

2 Likes

Last day of sales, and I haven’t bought anything yet.

Can’t decide, because I’m already max level on every faction and I’ve got plenty of premiums already, so there’s nothing I really NEED, it would be just gluttony.

I’m not even tempted by (supposedly) OP squads like Normandy paras, because I’ve got event ones already and like them a lot, so I don’t feel the need for more. (Plus, US mohawk dudes look horrible to me.)

Vehicles for gold feel VERY pricey even on sale, and it doesn’t help that I CAN’T see their supposed map preferences in the test server unless I already own them. I was considering the Re2001CN, but since I already have the G55 the former would be useful to me only if it was available in early maps too.

As I said, I would have preferred discounts on golden weapons.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I gave them helmets. And kept Mohawk only for the guy with :medal_sports: to make him more unique. That’s the one I am starting with. So I don’t see the Mohawk anyway.
This squad is definition of guilty pleasure xD even the Vicker squad isn’t so toxic.

2 Likes

Can you? That’s a bit better.

You tempting snake XD

On another note, How does one fire Calliope’s rockets without firing the main gun as well? So far I haven’t bought it also because I don’t want to rebind controls for a single vehicle.

You need to rebind your vehicle keys in options. I really do not remember how exactly it is called. Something like secondary weapon or so.
I did bind it for mouse button 4. Pretty important for vehicles like m3 grant/lee as well.

Hehe xD I bought them for my friend so we can bully Germans together.

So evil…

Shame to me, I eventually fell to temptation.

The :clown_face: I am hesitated to the very last minutes of the sales, just to eventually buy the US paras (which I don’t even need, but for the OP factor) and the soon-to-be-removed Re2001 (hoping it will be later available in earlier campaigns than Tunisia too).

I’m a weakling, thus now in the box I go.

3 Likes

Is the re2001 the black painted one? It’s the faction’s best plane at the moment

Yep.

1 Like

Quite the predator up there. Beautiful machine, you won’t regret getting it.

1 Like

I didn’t know there was a unique camouflaged suit available among US premium paras customisation options. It does look pretty sick, but I have no clue if it’s more or less historical or not (I’m suspicious because even the shoes are multicoloured).

I also got somewhat used to the mohawks, but eventually got helmets for the whole squad anyway.

And, yes, most of the times the 100rds Tommy is more effective than the other paras’ Vickers.

From what I understand, they aren’t going to be OP after merge because having them will throw you into the high bracket.

I can think of at least 100 + 100 reasons why they will still be OP even at BR 5.

I think they’d certainly still be useful, especially with their ability to have dynamic loadouts to gear them up after you hit the ground. But I wouldn’t consider that OP.

What are you thinking of for considering them overpowered?