Big Action is growing (separate post) - need people to say how good it is please for devs to react

Hi, I am sure you have heard of Big Action custom mod, there are several up which are nearly always fully populated day in day out. The developer has asked for maps to be imported from CRSED and really needs dev support as it doesn’t seem possible, can somebody assist with that in first instance?

The custom mode itself, promotes premiums, Gold Order weapons and all it needs is XP to be granted to stop people not playing because lack of progression (There must be a way to cap XP?). People like myself are end game and will happily play this large scale enlisted with new vehicles, more players and reduced vehicle limits.(Ie 4 friendy planes in sky at once)

I am hoping you can see the potential in this mod and can speak to Devs, Keofox was saying some effort was spent looking at this and we would see results, but as he left maybe this got left by the wayside.

Why replying here, coz I don’t seem to be able to send you a message… please do respond, a lot of old timers like myself would like to know DF position on Big Action and what can be done.

I even think there is a large scale gap in the base game, why not use BA as the basis?
it has more new game mechanics, some of which ported over such as rocket artillery, but in BA now there is katyusha incendiary rocket stikes which are something to be seen, as well a heacier bombs, np red circle, stuka attack il2 attacks all callin by redio ops…

The latest versions opens up vehicles which would take normal players months to unlock, all you do is earn xp by killing and that kv2 can be yours, or kv8 or Zis30, anyone of the new tanks, halftraks not in base game.

Anyone who plays it knows how good it is and can see this as truly end game enlisted, what about you?

@MajorMcDonalds for you and the team to consider / pin :wink:

8 Likes

Not a suggestion is mod related, moved to game mods

Sorry I meant Mess Room, Major McDonald suggested a post on Big Action, not a suggestion now in general

Probably because they see a different concept. Note that the new maps are getting smaller each time. For example, Rzhev or Power Station, where you can run half the map with a speed perk and a flask.

3 Likes

bold of you to assume that major cares about mods all of a sudden.

he didn’t since those were introduced.

but ,i don’t blaim him either since… mods have kinda been abandoned, and improvements that we asked for years haven’t been there.

like, being able to see profiles from the editor.
being able to add roads, water rivers, change heights effectively and much more needed stuff forgot in the ether of the mods suggestion section.

davenddar left as well.

and with him, all hopes for customs.
if those weren’t played b4, things won’t change.

i try to be optimistic on that front, but it’s really hard.

2 Likes

oh shit???..well then.

:ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

nevermind.

he is more active on discord than on the forum.

rip

1 Like

When did this happen?

That’s a strong word, but he didn’t leave, he’s just not home right now and can’t help with the codes.
For developers to pay attention to mods, a strong boost in messengers is needed. Only locals care about the auto fire of the fg 42-2 and the nerf of the kurza (which you will meet once a year), they don’t even pay attention to other changes, such as the same AI tanks.

2 Likes