Battle of Manila 1945

I wish we got actual Manila map. I hate playing Gavutu 6 times in a row

14 Likes

Yeah we need a change of scenery in the Pacific

1 Like

Looks good, although allow me to make a suggestion.

Please use a level.blk for this mod, it will allow you to change the coloring of the terrain and the grasses to more suit that of the Philippines, a tropical environment.

Secondly, although this may just be bias from my part, use custom squads. I find that they add a lot more immersion into games, although if you wish to save yourself the time, that’s fine.

On a side note, I actually have a few Filipino friends who would be interested in this mod, so thanks for taking initiative, the Filipino community in Enlisted is sure to love this!

Lastly, please don’t be lazy in your work, I find that it pays to be thorough, rather than try to rush through. It may not be easy, but it produces good results. I often find it saddening that some mod creators cobble together some random garbage and slap a flashy title to catch attention. As I’ve said earlier, please be thorough in your work.

If you have any questions on mods, feel free to ask me.

Anyways, I wish you all the best luck with this map, have a good one!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I am not experienced with creating custom squads or other advanced stuff and i dont want to mess things up. I have no prior experience with coding. I have now used maybe couple weeks for this map and it contains lots of buildings and other crap. I really would want to add more decorations and forrifications but it might make the mod not work if there are too many rendinsts. I had same problem with my cologne mod and i had to cut lots of stuff from it to make it work.

I havent put any spawns/objectives/areas yet and i was thinking about making it a 5 point conquest. I will release the test version soon and if it works correctly i might add more rendinsts to make it more detailed

Totally understandable my guy, it took me a sec to try and make these things work.

Here, I’ll post some guides that will help, and I’ll also send you the level.blk file for the Stalingrad Map.

Level blk file for Stalingrad:
battle_of_stalingrad.txt (25.8 KB)

Here are some custom squads I’ve made before, and their accompanying Entities.blk file
chinawar.json.txt (657.1 KB)
entities.blk.txt (11.9 KB)
korean_war.json.txt (1.2 MB)

Hopefully this helps!

1 Like

Does the custom profiles make the map more unstable? I deleted lots of stuff to make it work even with normal profiles

yes.
if you are planning on making your mod in multiplayer.
especially if you have a custom map with placed rendinsts.
they really do.

otherwise in solo or non-modified maps it doesn’t ( or rather, shouldn’t ) have much of an issue

as well as out of bounds fog.

custom profiles with custom things + fog are never a good combination.

speaking for your manila, for being setted in staligrand, the palms and newer buildings somewhat sells it :+1:

only issue that i have,and found:

• some carts / objects in the center are kinda flying,

• US is forced to wear normandy presets instead of pacific ones

• sometimes the map doesn’t end right after the japanese reached 0

• if you play it in solo, with one player only, you will be putted as the soviets in the us team.

for the rest, great map.

1 Like

Yes, but I have not found this to be an issue with my mods.

1 Like

Well damn because i have lots of rendinsts even after optimizing

I also want it to be multiplayer so i guess i will have to wait until they fix the issue

I like that. It creates cool atmosphere. Does it affect the performance drastically?

Thank

You mean the train carts? What other objects? I checked the whole railroad and i couldnt find anything. Do you have pictures?
Also i just realized that some houses have floating objects. This happened because i removed all tables/chairs that they were sitting on. I will need to fix that

I gave the bots normandy profiles for some reason. Will change that

I still dont know what causes this
Any ideas?

I will try to fix that

1 Like

Okay so i updated the mod. I added lots of sandbags and other barricades to fill empty areas and i removed all floating objects i could find. I also changed the stalingrad team to pacific allies team so hopefully there wont be russians running around anymore. I also changed normandy bots to pacific bots

3 Likes