Battle for Berlin Reinforcements: Level 19-21

If I might suggest, the VG 1-5 would have a better counterpart in the SKS-45, whether introduced as an assaulter or general infantry / trooper weapon. I personally would like to see more closely symmetrical weapon releases than less.

I might then suggest, as Counterparts to the PPD-40, either the MAS-38, ZK-383 in lightened bolt configuration, or a Beretta 38 with a 40 round magazine? Given I assume the counterpart to the PPSH-41 with a drum magazine will ultimately be the Suomi KP/-31 with a drum magazine of it’s own.

1 Like

Either VG1-5 has an optional automatic mode or they have buffed 7.92 Kurz to 8.5 - 9.5, otherwise Vg1-5 is stil shit and nobody would use it. It makes no sense to give a weapon like M1 carbine to assulters. Even for infantries it’s hardly a competitor to Gewehr 43. The only advatange of this weapon is its 30r magazine

1 Like

I mean, ammo count at least would give it a reason to be used if it were a general infantry / trooper weapon as an M1 carbine analog. Historically speaking, it shouldn’t have an automatic fire mode, though.

Also, the SKS is as close a counterpart to the VG1-5 as the closet soviet equivalent you’d realistically have in Berlin, and thus is something I’ll advocate for. Because like I said, more symmetry in the campaign trees would be better.

Also I have personal reasons to like the SKS and to want to see it in more games. But that’s neither here nor there.

1 Like

Some places say that some variations of this gun has an optional automatic mode. Not sure where’s the convincing resource.

Early prototypes did, but it was dropped on the production guns, to my knowledge, and no surviving guns of the type are full auto insofar as I’m aware.

1 Like

Then it’s a trash. You cannot use a semiauto which is not able to one-shot to fight against PPD. Underpowered in Cqc by PPD and by semi-auto in long range.

Well yes, which is why it would make more sense as a general infantry / trooper weapon as a closer range / higher ammo count alternative to the normal semi autos - and why I suggested the split. Though, like I’ve said elsewhere, if available to assaulters, I would still keep it as a secondary weapon, and replace my VG2’s I carry on my assaulters with them, but we still need different SMGs to counter the PPD at the same time.

But that’s why I recommended what I did. SKS for the VG 1-5, one of many possible high fire rate SMGs for the PPD w/ drum. Suomi KP/-31 for the PPSH w/ drum.

3 Likes

maybe a good way to balance out these “not one shot kill” semi auto guns would be in having very little dmg drop over distance? would make sense on troopers, while the STG 44 could be a mid range gun for assaulters, but with higher recoil than a MP 40.

I mean, there’s not a great set of options to really scale the damage while keeping to the realistic aspects of the game, and I think the game as-is handles such reasonably well.

That said, lowering the recoil on “not one shot kill” semi-autos so you can actually spam-fire them in semi-auto to a greater degree (though still not on the level of SMGs) would be beneficial to their usefulness, especially at mid-range.