Basic customization improvements needed right now

I think you covered majority, but also LMG MG13 premium squads, among others, should at very lease fix specific customization choices we made, then give more basic options for rest.

Sure, there are probably more squads that need attention, these are just the only ones I own to showcase the general idea.

except volkssturm were a thing in the battle of the bulge?

they didn’t took part, but were formed in october 1944.

( similar to the other reasons of why we have stuff that we shouldn’t etc )

except their clothing changes already depending on the map

but for the rest,

sure. more clothings selection and default as it was said would be great.
( and tanks above all )

but, devs said were working towards a solution to retain details of the premium units. perhaps with just different colors.

as the reason why they removed that temporarily change of cosmetic based on campaign, was because people complained about buying the premium squads for their uniforms but ended up not using them in the correct environment ( either because uptiered / downtiered or straight up not being able to use those said uniforms for one reason or another )

( federov, SG axis medics, and few others had that issue just to name a few )

so… not sure what they are up to, but doesn’t sound it’s gonna be made that simpler or quicker…

1 Like

I think your idea is good, but it clashes with the customization that has already been implemented. If you equip an entire squad with specific items you paid for, it will annoy people if it’s just removed arbitrarily depending on map.

The current customization system would need to include different “loadouts” (forest, snow, city, desert, for example) so you can set up for all of them. Otherwise you screw people who already spent time and money on their looks.

Before doing all of these they should fix 1. The disappearing customized faces on soldiers. We spend our hard earned customization tickets on these things and now they just disappear! Just great. 2. In one of the recent patches they changed the customization which we bought earlier with something entirely different. My Berlin assaulters had an entirely different camo which has been replaced with the one that I bought in Normandy! Just splendid. 3. The soldiers have their berets or caps dangling down from their heads. They look just great! I hope the devs fix these basic things before doing anything else with the customization.

1 Like

Yes I am saying that they need warmer clothing than dress shirts and suits.

That’s the thing – it doesn’t, here is their Tunisia look:

Unless it magically changes to dunkelgelb uniforms only in the match?

Well sorry tough luck – the Moroccans already have coats instead of robes in the Bulge and that is definitely a step in the right direction!
WW2 aesthetics are more important than someone not having bath robes in winter.

2 Likes

i mean…

i think they could just get winter helmet options and call it a day.

after all, wouldn’t have been far from reality being illequipped and no uniforms.

or… they could give them coats with volkssturm armbands:

Some samples

but… these ones do not exist in the base game.

those are modded ones made with replacements and what not.

can’t verify this one on the moment.

but they do change automatically when matched in tunisia.

it’s one of the thing that i praised devs for.

but… it could be that these change was " lost " due to return the premium to their original uniform inspite of the campaign.

correct.

which it’s " weird ". but if anything, an oversight.

just like the new para squad not having para uniforms in the battle of the bulge, but regular soldier.

all i’m saying is, the first they adress the issue, the better.

but i have my doubts about that at this point.

i wouldn’t disagree, but devs do not agree either.

half of the uniforms we got aren’t really ww2 related.

( leiber muster, some soviets uniforms like the black federov squad, pea dot camouflages with heer tabs, paratrooper uniforms with heer tabs, etc etc *correction, are related, but… not 100% accurate. )

Soldier’s Cosmetic Concept Idea ( Enhance it by expanding it ) - Suggestions - Enlisted THIS MUST BE HEARD

We need this very badly! Help us get it to the devs!!!
https://forum.enlisted.net/en/t/soldiers-cosmetic-concept-idea-enhance-it-by-expanding-it

3 Likes

I just think we should be able to customize Premium and Event squads however we want in general

Yes but only within campaign limitations e.g. no shorts in Bulge or winter coats in Tunisia.

1 Like

Some event and premium squads dont change their skins. I think thats because some people might have paid for the skin and dont want to lose them if they play elsewhere than the former vanilla map.

they used to

WW2 aesthetics are extremely unimportant compared with purchaseables disappearing. Nobody with two brain cells will spend money on things that disappear randomly whenever developers feel like it. If there is no income there will be no aesthetics at all.

I am sure there are a great number of squads you missed, but it doesn’t matter as your point is clear. Customization needs some major updates to get it in a better state. Even the process buying and equipping customization for your soldiers is tedious and unoptimized.

Honestly? The devs made a huge mistake in monetisation, there never should have been premium squads - instead uniforms and skins that you can buy and then unlock for money.
Same goes for their weapons.

1 Like

Obviously stuff you buy shouldn’t disapear, but if one has two brain cells, they should expect that their African Camo will only be usable in… Africa, for example.

1 Like

Imagine a 2002 game having this feature and 12 years later we can’t

1 Like

It would be good if the customizations stopped disappearing.
What’s even more bizarre is that sometimes they reappear, but sometimes they don’t. And your only solution is to either annoy support every time or just buy it again if you’re lazy like me.

1 Like

Absolutely agreed. Its ABSURD, how the devs try to extort money from players to get some features that are so basic…

1 Like